Subway on campus

<p>Does not take gift cards. Kinda stinks. Thought I would warn anyone else that thought of sending a subway gift card to their student. </p>

<p>Does anyone know if there is a subway on Univ Blvd within walking distance? </p>

<p>I guess I could google that…</p>

<p>Thanks for that info, vlines! We were actually thinking about suggesting to family members to get DD some Subway cards for Christmas. There goes that idea. bummer! :(</p>

<p>I think there’s one near the strip, but I can’t tell if that’s a regular Subway or another campus one.</p>

<p>1306 A University Blvd
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35401
Phone: 205-349-5782
Map & Directions</p>

<p>Regular Store Hours</p>

<p>Sunday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
Monday: 9:00am - 11:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 11:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 11:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 11:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 12:00am
Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00am</p>

<p>It’s not unusual for a campus 3rd party venue not to take gift cards. The campus Starbucks didn’t use to take gift cards, either…but now does.</p>

<p>I wonder if the DD on campus takes gift cards? Will have to have him check on that. </p>

<p>Also, DS said he could not go to the close place for breakfast this morning because they had a fire yesterday (the breakfast place had a fire- that is). Anyone know anything about that?</p>

<p>There was an article in the Crimson White about a fire. </p>

<p>[Ferguson</a> Center evacuated | The Crimson White](<a href=“Documenting Justice (Video) - The Crimson White”>Documenting Justice (Video) - The Crimson White)</p>

<p>The new Dunkin’ Donuts does not take Dunkin’ gift cards either. I gave some cards to my son that cannot be used, they said that they are not “hooked” up to Dunkin’s computer system. It makes no sense to me, since they should be a franchise.</p>

<p>Aramark is funny with its franchise contracts in that it doesn’t participate in many of the national aspects of the chain that other franchisees do participate in. </p>

<p>The Dunkin’ Donuts on campus also charges 20 cents more for a donut than other franchises such as the one in the St. Louis airport. </p>

<p>The nearest Subway that accepts gift cards is right on the strip past the Houndstooth bar next to Tut’s and before Jimmy John’s. They also don’t badger you to order from an iPad instead of telling the employees exactly what you want.</p>

<p>IMHO, Publix makes the best sandwiches, but isn’t open as late as Jimmy John’s.</p>

<p>robotbldmom- Thanks for the info on DD. I was going to send him that giftcard next time. I guess I will either add money to his bamabucks, or dining dollars, or whatever he can use at those locations, or send him cash. He is not into carrying cash, so that is the only issue. </p>

<p>And SEA_Tide…as always, thanks for the info, very helpful! </p>

<p>As a short review:
Oncampus-
Starbucks takes gift cards
Subway does not accept gift cards
Dunkin’ Donuts does not accept gift cards</p>

<p>Subway on the Strip, past Houndstooth next to Tut’s does accept gift cards (can anyone tell me how far that is to walk from RCS-N?)</p>

<p>I don’t think Chick-fil-A or Burger King take gift cards either. Remember as a general rule that the on-campus chain restaurants are not real franchises but specialty licensees run by Aramark. I think Starbucks is the exception to the rule.</p>

<p>Yes, add the money to Bama Cash. You can’t add to Dining Dollars.</p>

<p>Yes, just add to Bama Cash.</p>