Summer Courses and Switching Majors (Accounting)

Hey I’m a incoming college transfer student who is hoping to switch majors. I’ve already been accepted to the liberal arts program but am hoping to transfer in a year or semester to school of management. So already I know I’ll probably have to take an extra semester to catch up and transfer to the program. So my questions are…

1. Summer course! What is the over all price (credit, room and board and everything else combined). Is it worth it? Is it more difficult then spring or fall courses?
  2. Has anyone transferred or switched majors from liberal arts to accounting during there sophomore or junior year and was it difficult. At this time I have no credits that are transferable to get into som, but I am done with my pre-requisites (with the exception of a language course). Thanks in advance for answering!

Someone asked this question during our Bing visit last fall and from what I remember, you have to take macro and micro economics, statistics and calculus and have 3.5 overall GPA to be able to switch from the arts and sciences school at Bing to SOM (school of management). Remember, Bing is direct admit so the requirements for each school are a bit different, with SOM being one of the most competitive. Do you have an advisor at Bing who is overseeing your transfer? They will have the most up to date information.

Yeah I’ve talked to advisors they told me the same thing. I just wanted to see if there was any one who got into SOM late in there college career and if it was hard, or did they have to graduate later then expected? And did transferring late cause effect there’s job outlook and internships. You know some encouragement before I try taking the required courses. But thank you for your response.