Transfer from Harpur to SOM

I got into Binghamton but not for SOM… if I take the spot at Harpur that has been offered to me it impossible to gain entry into the SOM eventually? I have heard varying opinions, with some saying it’s extremely risky and competitive and others saying it’s not hard and many of their friends have successfully done so. I would feel upset passing on a school as great as Bing but why go if I don’t have my desired course of study (accounting)? Thanks for the feedback.

@BusinessBoy678 I would go first year to Binghamton and try to get best gpa so you can so an intra-school transfer from Harpur to SOM. A lot of the courses first year anyway are prerequisites that aren’t in the business school like economics and statistics. If you aren’t able to transfer after first year then I’d seek to transfer to Albany or Buffalo. It’s a lot easier to transfer to those business schools as a sophomore than it is to transfer from those schools into Bing SOM. You would still be able to graduate with a BS in Accounting after 5 years.