Syracuse Class of 2027 Official Thread

Ugh :persevere: I don’t get it so it could start this Friday and go for how long every Friday or during the week 
 :woman_shrugging:t2:

Note: Notification for Fall 2023 Regular Decision candidates is planned to begin March 24 and continue weekly. Students will be informed via email of an update to their application status and will be instructed to log in to their Applicant Portal to view their decision.

4 Likes

And their Spring Reception (aka Accepted Student Days) still show with TBD.

Hopefully they’re just hedging about “continuing weekly” and will get 95% of them out this coming Friday or worst the Friday after (and at this point the FA offer HAS to be part of the package - or within a could of days after!).

2 Likes

I hope you’re right. I fear Newhouse will come out later than 3/24 but I guess we will find out soon enough. Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

If Newhouse doesn’t come out on Friday I will fear for my mental health.

1 Like

We are with you! It has been a looooong process.

2 Likes

Anyone else here waiting for Falk/sports analytics? Just curious

4 Likes

My daughter’s good friend is waiting on Newhouse too! Good luck!! :heart:

1 Like

my son is waiting as well

Looks like we’re waiting until 3/24!

2 Likes

Rochester is very stingy. Their CDS states they give 13k at most and COA is $83k! Plus, they don’t give $13k to many people.

We took UR off the list quickly, yet we appreciated the free tee shirt given at our visit. :sunglasses:

Like you, I didn’t know where to find merit aid info. We visited Rochester before I had that all figured out or knew what a CDS was.

We also wasted time at Colgate.

3 Likes

Me, as my second major, Maxwell is my first. Is fall a competitive major?

I don’t really know. I think the sports analytics program is quite competitive though based on statistics that were shared at a fall meeting for students interested in the program.

1 Like

Guess you are a quicker learner than we are. We are way behind the learning curve. Long legacy at Rochester but they are definitely cheap these days. Older half sister got in 20 years ago with lots of aid but not seeing it now. Still hoping for SU as my Dad went there but don’t think that means much these days. Appreciate your insight!

1 Like

Ivy Day is 3/30. Do you think they’d release decisions later than the IVYs? I think that would be odd, no?

2 Likes

Some Schools do accept after Ivy Day.

Hmm that seems weird. But I’m sure stranger things have happened

Good luck to everyone waiting!

1 Like

No decision yet
 Its monday evening.

1 Like

Your refund is in the mail. Earlier post shows Syracuse notification of decisions starting this Friday.

3 Likes

Yes my son got into U of R and no merit that I see; craziness; not sure what the point is of accepting him if they aren’t going to provide any merit. It’s not when if his top choices any how but other University gave him really decent merit scholarships.

2 Likes

I’m wondering who are the people paying $332,000 for a Rochester degree. They must attract the 1%.