Syracuse Class of 2027 Official Thread

I just clicked on this from a browser that is different than the one my son uses - and I can still access it

1 Like

Its a tile you can add in under preferences, I think everyone is able to see it

1 Like

any chance they release decisions today or is everyone thinking tomorrow.

Okay so what time tomorrow?

last year a lot of decisions came out at 5 or right after 5 pm EST.

2 Likes

In anticipation of results this afternoon - and accepting the reality that many might be in such a situation here’s the Waitlist statistics from the last few years (as extracted from the CDS published by the school). The '20-'21 number is what’s listed on the CDS but I suspect it should be 547, not 5,470.

Best of luck to everyone this afternoon!

'22-'23 '21-'22 '20-'21 '19-'20 '18-'19
Offered WL 12,638 8,898 6,340 8,859 6,523
Accept WL 4,073 3,331 2,498 3,158 2,087
Admitted from WL 321 450 5,470 611 609
5 Likes

Isn’t your student getting a full ride?

1 Like

Ha! Sincerely doubt that but will let you know tonight after admittances come out.

1 Like

Good Luck to everyone this evening. Syracuse and GW are my top two so at least I will know one of them tonight and the other on Monday.

4 Likes

My daughter also applied to GW! Best of luck! You’re going to be great wherever you end up!

I think it’s important to also remember that not everyone will get a decision tonight. After all they did say there would be two waves, one today and one next Friday.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if financial aid will come out at the same time as admission decisions and merit?

Someone suggested further up that last year FA followed by about a week.

But merit with the acceptance letter, correct?

1 Like

Syracuse specifically I don’t know - but that would be consistent with every other college I’ve interacted with.

And do we know the rhyme or reason behind sending out decisions in batches? Will most kids here today? Is it alphabetical? I swear my daughter is about to lose it. So much anxiety waiting!

2 Likes

My daughter is a sophomore at Syracuse (waiting for admission results for my son today/next week :crossed_fingers:t3:) and she received her merit scholarship information in the same letter with her acceptance. That was 2 years ago, so they could have changed things of course, but that was our experience.

5 Likes

So many families with multiple kids at Syracuse. They must be doing something right!

4 Likes

DS had, at least, 2 other schools (UMass, UT-Austin) that did notices in batches. There was no rhyme or reason that anyone on CC could discern. It was even suggested that UT-Austin’s website could only handle X number of people logging in right at the notification time so they had to spread them out.

My daughter has loved her experience at Syracuse! She’s been in the marching band both her freshman and sophomore years and has had so much fun! It was a great way for her to make friends. Her interactions within her college (VPA) have been fantastic overall! We would love to have another slice in the family :tangerine::blush:

1 Like