Syracuse Class of 2027 Official Thread

What do you mean by this? My daughter has SU at the top of her list. 1530 SAT, 4.78 weighted GPA. Yes, she applied to ivies. But SU has the forensic science program she wants. Top stats and class rank for my girl, but she loves SU!

4 Likes

Congrats! I hope she enrolls because she sounds like she will thrive there and Newhouse will provide her with such a great experience.

1 Like

We went to an accepted student event last year. They call it an Orange Preview Day. There were 4 dates last year.

saw this schedule - Open Houses - Syracuse.edu

Waitlisted at Maxwell

They did not mention 23’s second choice at all.

Will a second letter come, or does Syracuse not mention your second choice?

I was wondering about the second choice also. Ours wasn’t mentioned either.

2 Likes

Can someone remind me — is CAS the same as Maxwell or is Maxwell a part of CAS?

1 Like

Woohooo! Just found out I was accepted with the 1/2 tuition Leadership Scholarship and invited to the reception next weekend :smile:

5 Likes

wow thats awesome, congratulations!

Awesome! My daughter is going to the reception too!

My daughter was accepted to Falk for Nutrition with the Leadership Scholarship! SU is at the top of her list, but it’s still steep even with the scholarship.

2 Likes

Son was accepted with ~full tuition scholarship!

Tuition Exchange award for 41K plus 20K for engineering and computer science leadership scholar. Engineering is one of the easier schools to get into, but we are really surprised with the merit.

5 Likes

Congratulations!! :tada:

2 Likes

Same here

It doesn’t make sense. SU waitlisted our D. Our D got into U Rochester (and others) with lots of money and a much higher ranked school than SU. And then tonight got into Colgate which was kind of surprise to us. We considered that a reach school and got pretty good FA. We were ready to accept Rochester after the ivy’s announce next week but now have to study it all the more. We considered SU a slam dunk. Glad we applied to many schools cause you never know.

3 Likes

This might answer the question many of us have.

The school does not look like a safety or a likely any longer.

“Syracuse University received a record number of applications—more than 42,000 for 3,700 spots in the Fall 2023 class. Unfortunately, many qualified students could not be offered admission due to the strength and size of the candidate pool.”

Syracuse is not as low ranked as it might seem. Whitman, Architecture, Newhouse and Maxwell are all highly ranked.

SU has an overall high acceptance rate but not if you drill down into certain colleges within the university.

1 Like

Yes, I certainly agree that each university has its strenghts. I was just talking about overall and for Ds med ambitions for sure the better bet. For instance I went to Penn State because the geology program was and still is ranked #1 in the US but the university itself was good but not a top 50 like Rochester. So yes, the program is also important. Thanks for pointing that out.

2 Likes

Mine too! And FA was better than Hamilton. I am still baffled by the SU waitlist. Thought TE was a strong possibility. But she did nothing to show demonstrated interest to any school. And it seems it is important to SU.

DS, who is valedictorian this year at a competitive public in-state HS, 1530 SAT (perfect 800 math), 15 APs (currently taking Multivariable Calc this year) applied to Falk as a Sports Analytics major, tons of ECs supporting sports analytics, including 2 summers at Wharton Moneyball, internship for a pro football data analytics company, was waitlisted. Its baffling to me. Syracuse actually has the major (one of the only colleges) he is interested in and excels in. The college application process has aged me 20 years in the last year.

5 Likes

Yield protection.