Syracuse Class of 2027 Official Thread

Right - not required and like submitting anything that’s optional you run the risk that it might work against you.

Yet at the same time if you’re being compared to a peer with similar stats and qualitative - having them being able to put a face to the application is going to be a leg up.

1 Like

How do you see if the mid-year transcript/grades are downloaded by Syracuse?

I had that same question… I’m going to reach out to admissions on Monday to ask…l I know that they were sent via my sons Naviance account.

I believe we checked in the common app. I can’t remember the exact button (midterm grade?) but it was there for all of our applicant’s schools (we had to check each individually).

Does anyone know when the RD release date is?

1 Like

Last year there were several RD decisions on March 18, which was a Friday, which is often when Syracuse seems to release things. But it also looked like some hadn’t heard on April 1…. We’ll see!

1 Like

Based on past years it seems as though they release Fridays throughout March. No rationale I could figure out as far as who/when.

1 Like

My son received his acceptance on Friday, March 25 last year.

1 Like

Did he end up at Syracuse? If so, how does he like it?!

And what program was he applying into?

2 Likes

Yes, he is a freshman at Syracuse and likes it so far.

1 Like

He applied to Whitman School of Management for business analytics.

2 Likes

So last years thread it seems like there were suggestions that some acceptances went out the first 2 Fridays of March (international and some select programs?) but the bulk of decisions went out on 3/18 & 3/25 - and some later than that.

Also seemed like there was a lot of dissatisfaction last year that declines/waitlists did not go out until the very end.

2 Likes

curious what you heard from Admissions, thanks

2 Likes

On Reddit, a few international and scholarship students received their acceptances last Friday.

1 Like

According to IvyWise RD blog post, Syracuse decisions “by March 15”.

1 Like

That header in the post says Class of 2026 but the header in the actual articles is 2027.

1 Like

Not sure where they get 3/15 from. That listing looks like a consolidation of college website information but Syracuse publishes “Late March”. I wouldn’t suspect they have any kind of insider information.

1 Like

Agreed I was told by the financial aid office when I spoke to them a month ago they begin to roll out mid to late March there is no specific date.

If you look at past years threads on here it’s pretty consistent that decisions go out in waves on Fridays after 5PM throughout March… based on the chatter on those it certainly seems the biggest wave is the middle of March (would be 3/17 this year).

5 Likes