4 Likes

RD? Either way, CONGRATS!!!

1 Like

Thank you! yes RD.

2 Likes

Congratulations! What program?

Thank you~ Film.

1 Like

Congratulations! Did her decision letter come in an email or in her portal?

1 Like

Thank you! We received an email at 4.43pm said there has been an update to our status and told us to check it on the portal. Then we clicked to see the acceptance letter with confetti.

3 Likes

Newhouse or VPA? My D23 applied to Newhouse for Television and Film.

2 Likes

VPA. I didn’t know there are two schools. May I know what is the difference?

1 Like

I’m still not 100% sure but I think the VPA program is more artsy and geared towards documentary filmmakers and Newhouse is more Hollywood filmmaking. My D23 went to the pre-college summer program for filmmaking last year and it was through VPA and while she liked making the films, thought it was too abstract. They are both highly ranked but VPA is a BFA and Newhouse is a BA.

I just did a bit research in the internet. It looks like Newhouse requires no portfolio in the application, but VPA requires a short film/video and three extra prompts to answer in the creative portfolio. My daughter prefers a BFA program. I guess that’s why she chose VPA over Newhouse.

To all of you and parents 
 I hope your good news will come soon. Good wishes and the best of luck getting in.

3 Likes

Newhouse has amazing “industry” faculties and alumni network. Sounds very exciting. I wonder if it is easy to transfer between two programs.

1 Like

When we did the campus tour, the admission counselor told us that transfer within SU was possible only after one year and depended on grades and spaces available in the program. Some programs, like architecture, are pretty closed off, and I think for Newhouse, it will really depend on how many students transfer out to make space for other transfers.

Congratulations to your daughter!

From past years it looks like those accepted the first Friday typically had attached pretty substantial Merit offers. Can you share if that’s the case and also if you don’t mind sharing what were her general stats? Helps to set a guide for other kids if they’re “in the mix” or not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are really surprised because my daughter didn’t submit SAT/ACT score. only 2 APs and 3.7 GPA. She got the Distinguished Art Portfolio Award of $10,000 which is renewable for 4 years. Since she applied for a film major, I guess it is her portfolio that stood out.

5 Likes

Wow!! Congrats!

We are hoping our applicant hears good news from Newhouse!!

2 Likes

Anyone get a decision from Bandier?

1 Like

Does anyone’s main application page now say 2023 imported? It is the clickable link to get to the application.

Sorry - not sure what/where you mean. DS’s main portal shows no change from the last couple of months - but he also doesn’t have a clickable link to get to the application (unless you’re in the College Board Common App site??).

1 Like