Syracuse Class of 2027 Official Thread

MySlice is different from the admissions portal. There is something similar with many schools, but I recall that logging into MySlice for the first time was not as straightforward a process as it was to get into the similar portals at other schools. We did it early to ensure that financial aid docs were complete. If your kid searches for myslice in their email, there should be links to instructions.

Also I just love the name myslice :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks. Will decisions be placed in MySlice or their portal? Never even heard of myslice - will have to ask our kiddo. Makes me hungry :pizza:

1 Like

makes me hungry too. but like myslice makes me think of like slicing into something which makes me rather uncomfortable.

decisions will be posted on the portal!

1 Like

I think of an orange slice! We are big Otto fans.

MySlice is where you can go to engage in portal astrology, apparently. But yes I believe that decisions will posted on the original admissions portal.

I think the college admissions season is starting to make me a little loony. We are mostly having fun with it in our house, which is nice. My son is faring well because of his “likely” and “target” heavy list.

1 Like

I haven’t seen them for 2023. However, we visited in 2022 for a tour and the spring reception was taking place that afternoon.

I’ll share the day since it’ll give you a general idea.

April 12, 2022, I think it was.

Wondering if anyone got any application status updates this evening 
 someone said they may release some sporadically on Fridays in March 
I checked and no change

2 Likes

I se

This isn’t a very active board so tough to say that there were NO decisions last night but with the sample on here it doesn’t seem like there was.

3 Likes

We did not apply for financial aid and we do have access to MySlice. It appears there is access to more areas in MySlice other than just FA , for example- the to do lists for both FA and admissions, if enrolled, where you will accept or decline, I believe the deposit etc.

1 Like

Once your student is accepted and paid the enrollment/housing deposit, MySlice becomes the portal to everything. The housing contract, patient portal, student insurance, email will be under a new tile called Student resources. I believe that at some point, my son will also be able to register and pay his tutition bill through MySlice. It’s SU’s main student portal.

3 Likes

anyone know when decisions might be released for RD?

likely the 17th or 25th

1 Like

They asked for a boatload of stuff from us. All things that were uploaded. I had to write letters, submit property tax info. It was a lot.

1 Like

Spring Reception dates still aren’t posted. Back in Jan or Feb when we were trying to plan visits, I had called and asked. They said at that time that they’d be out pretty soon. When I asked last week, they implied they’d be out by now. Both times, they said they’re held on M & F all through April. So we have a couple dates picked out that we’ll shoot for.

I’ve been thinking this for a while, and am now pretty sure of it: They will wait until the first big wave of acceptances are out (perhaps 3/17 or 3/18) before they post the dates.

They don’t want to allow non-admitted students to register, nor do they want to deal with non-admitted students complaining that they aren’t allowed to register. So they just haven’t posted anything.

Looking at past years and using some reasonably judgement it would seem we can guess pretty accurately as to when they’ll be even if they don’t post a formal schedule yet. We’re driving distance (5H) so scheduling isn’t a big deal for us - if a plane were involved I’d feel different.

DS was recently admitted to Tulane and they put the accepted student registration behind the acceptance notification component of their portal. It would seem reasonable enough for Syracuse to publicize the dates without allowing for formal sign-up to kids that haven’t get been admitted. Then again, I’m just one parent thinking “why can’t it be that simple” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this is true. For ED students, they sent a special invitation for a reception day by email with a registration link (and I think it might have been posted in the portal). I can imagine they might do something similar for RD acceptances since they don’t want a bunch of people registering who weren’t admitted or were waitlisted.

Do they normally announce before the first big drop happens?

I don’t know how Syracuse usually does it. But every other school on my son’s list has had their admitted student dates listed for a while, even if you couldn’t register yet. It seems Syracuse does it differently than most schools.

It’s not a huge deal because we won’t book a visit until the offer comes in anyway. And we’ve visited already. But we’d be flying, and it would be nice to know if they are doing sessions around Easter weekend or not, since that would be our preference. It’s a little tricky to schedule other stuff around a potential visit when you don’t know the date options. We’ll be fine, but I can imagine it would annoy some others. But soon enough it will all be settled.

From what can tell past cycles, no. In fact I haven’t seen anything that even has them acknowledging Fridays throughout March - they just publicize “late March”.

1 Like

I got a new update on my financial aid section on MySlice and now the year 2024 has appeared. Does this mean anything??

1 Like