Syracuse Waitlist class of 2027

I found the AO’s at Syracuse extremely responsive. I would suggest reaching out to yours. Likewise the financial aid office is usually assigned to students (seems typical alphabetically). If you haven’t done so yet might be a good idea to send a note or place a call to them to understand expectations.

1 Like

My daughter got off the waitlist today! For fashion design. I am wondering for all those who accepted a spot off the waitlist can they still pick a roommate ? Or are they assigned one ?

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

Yes they have been very helpful. Someone told me today that they are prioritizing kids who recently got waitlist offers so hopefully we will see our aid award soon

3 Likes

Roommate selections were completed by June 1. All others are random. My son accepted on May 28 and therefore did not meet the deadline. From what I am reading many students choose random and it shouldn’t be terrible. Good luck!! FYI housing and roommates are announced mid-July.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the information!

Did u get financials yet?

Just an update. D23 received an additional $5,000 in merit about two weeks after the deadline passed to accept SU’s offer. The total merit she received off the waitlist was $20,000. Still declined because she would only consider Newhouse.

3 Likes

Have you guys received any aid award info yet?

I didn’t see this before and just asked you the same question, as of now not yet. I asked admissions for an extension past the 5 days since FA said it may take longer than that and they said they weren’t giving extensions at this point. Hopefully it will be in my slice today or tomorrow

1 Like

Has your daughter received her official admission letter yet? Ours took a few days afte the initial email about a spot of the waitlist

Hey. Yes she got the letter and there is financials in her myslice already but I’m questioning it since you got in before and didn’t get it yet :thinking:

1 Like

We got ours too I think the timing just varies by student. Now a tough decision need to be made quick!

2 Likes

Ok good! Hope it all works out for you guys!

CuseDad! We are so happy for your kid!!! Hope they give you lots of aid! (My son got zero so made the decision easier!)

2 Likes

Wondering what your family decided?

1 Like

Our son decided to stick with the school he committed to previously. I was surprised and disappointed since SU came back with an incredible aid package that somehow would have cost us less than the other school but it’s his life/decision and he is not me:) I also think him being one hour away from home as opposed to 4 is very important for many reasons. This has been a great forum and I wish all of your kids the best of luck no matter where they end up.

6 Likes

Awww ok wish you best of luck !!

1 Like

Me still on the waitlist for more than 3 months: :eye: :lips: :eye:

My advice is to keep calling admissions they’re very nice someone will talk to you but keep calling and showing interest
And good luck :+1:

2 Likes