Syracuse Waitlist class of 2027

My daughters friend got offered a spot today off waitlist. So hopefully things will be moving quickly.

Do you happen to know which college? Hoping things begin to move

1 Like

I believe it was communications or journalism

Newhouse
 that’s amazing!!

My daughter was just accepted from the waitlist, BUT, she has to do first semester in France. Lots of things to weigh out.

My daughter was offered a spot off the Newhouse waitlist yesterday.

Thanks for sharing and Congrats to your daughter. Did your daughter hear via email, phone call or portal update? Also would mind sharing what major?

1 Like

Wow. Congrats!!!

1 Like

My daughter received an email. There is still nothing in her portal. She is in College of Arts & Sciences.

1 Like

Congrats did you get an email as well? Someone from admissions today said both the student and parent will get an email

We did not.

1 Like

Thanks did she also get a text? There seems to be some inconsistency in how people have been hearing

Nope, just an email.

1 Like

If people heard back about College of Arts and sciences waitlist today but my daughter did not, does that mean she will not get off the waitlist? Do they send them out at random or one school at a time? Im new at this and have no idea how all these waitlists work! Haha. Also congrats on the acceptances!

I asked admissions this same question today and they said they just starting notifying some people this week and if you haven’t heard that doesn’t mean anything , there doesn’t sound like there is any rhyme or reason to it

1 Like

Ah thats so stressful! Fingers crossed for everyone in this thread, the random selection is making me so antsy!

1 Like

My son just informed me a kid from his class was offered a spot today( which he isn’t taking) he applied to Whitman but was offered a spot in Arts and sciences(?) His last name begins with the letter A so maybe for some schools within SU the WL offers are alphabetical? I know that sounds weird but maybe not.

1 Like

Hope thats not the case, my daughters last name begins with an S. Would you guys recommend my daughter emailing her admissions advisor again just to say a quick hello and send a greeting message again? She sent her LOCI a few weeks ago but anything to get on their good side at this point! Just cant tell if it would be seen as annoying to the admissions officers, would appreciate any honest feedback!

1 Like

Our last name is late in the alphabet too:) my son sent a LOCI shortly after he accepted his spot in the waitlist and then sent 2 follow up emails over the past month reminding them of his interest in SU. This was at the suggestion of someone I spoke to in admissions who said it doesn’t hurt to send a couple of emails after your LOCI since they will consider demonstrated interest when offering spots off of the waitlist. But

the kid my son knew who was offered a spot today apparently wasn’t even really interested in SU but accepted his WL spot for the heck of it and was just offered a spot in arts and sciences. It seems like the WL offers might mirror the RD decisions with their randomness. My son attended pre college at SU last summer, has definitely shown interest after accepting his WL spot, I’m an alum, and I am starting to worry that none of this may matter in the end. We commited elsewhere but if offered a spot at SU I think he would be very excited and it could very well cause a change of plans.

I would Email orange@syr.edu
That’s what admissions told us to send any follow up emails to