TAMU- 2024 After you've been accepted... questions and answers

@ATTX You are correct, the Honors advantage of registering for classes on the first day refers to pre-registration, so you do not see that advantage until later.

My Aggie got April 15th at 9 am CST to select dorm.

My daughter’s date is also April 15th 9:00. We didn’t know to put the deposit early, so we waited a few days until 9/21. Not sure how many time slots or waves are in front of this one. When did you put down a deposit?

@tx2mom We paid the housing deposit on Sept 19, the same day she was accepted.

S20 date is 4/21; Phase 1 complete 10/30. Anyone have an opinion if he will get Hullabaloo single or single suite? What should back up be if he wants a spce to himself?

@Olecollegetry I’ve heard that Hullabaloo sells out in first 10 minutes! If your son isn’t choosing his room till 4/21, I highly doubt any rooms will still be available by then.

@YankeeTexan33 Where did you hear that Hullabaloo sells out in 10 minutes??!! Do you think any modular dorms will be left by 4/21? Where can I find more info on this? And do you know anything about changing rooms later? What are chances you can find something better? When is the best time to look? Thanks!

Hi! I am going to be attending A&M in the fall as a business major at Mays and am hoping to live in the Northside. My time slot is on 4/21 so I know I will most likely not get Hullabaloo. What are the best Northside modulars? Please let me know!

@YankeeTexan33 @Olecollegetry
Hullaballoo has booked up in past years within a couple days (not 10 min). However, many students have been able to get in by checking availability throughout the summer and then switching dorms. There are constantly room changes going on.

So even if you don’t get it right away, don’t be discouraged! Just keep checking. Students will have until July 31st to change rooms if/when dorms open that were previously booked up.

So my daughter has April 14th at 9 AM to pick her dorm room. Her preference is a modular dorm. But because of everything going on she did not link up with her preferred roommate in a group. Her preferred roommate gets to pick her room on April 28th. Any idea if she will be able to get into a modular dorm as well? We are trying to figure out if my daughter needs to alter her roommate choice so that she can stay in a modular dorm.

April 14th at 9 AM.

Mosher Hall Question …

I’m not sure my kids will be allowed to choose which room, but if they can, are upper floor rooms in Mosher quieter than lower ones like in a hotel? Thanks.

I don’t think yours will get to pick as they are all together and there are not that many of them. Most likely there is a dedicated floor for all of them, I think.

The first to pick is the room leader (or they call it something like that). So, for example, my daughter has 9am tomorrow. We are going to pick the dorm and then she can also choose for her roommate at that time. Roommate is Blinn, so she has a much later time slot.

My daughter wanted a modular (to save me some money, YAY!) but she said that Hullabaloo still had slots at 9am this morning… FYI

Got a double at Hullabaloo this morning!!

I read in a couple of places on these TAMU forums. Hullabaloo is the first to sell out, then modular rooms, and also the cheapest rooms. Everyone will get a room, it just may not be in Hullabaloo. Also, you need to remember that any students returning to stay on campus their 2nd or 3rd year at A&M, get first picks on dorm rooms before incoming freshman. It’s very difficult for a freshman to get a single room as well since there are so few of them. Just make sure your son has a second or third choice in mind. And I do believe that housing remains open so that you can go back in and try and switch your rooms. But good luck!

Parking permits are available to purchase. But, should DS hold out on purchasing a permit until he knows which dorm he’s assigned so he can try to get a lot closer to his dorm?

We got my daughter’s spot this morning after she chose her dorm. They say that spots aren’t assigned until mid-July… and I do not believe that you have to pay for the spot until early August.

Hi! Has anyone in the University Honors Program received notification of a roommate or dorm selection? I’m watching a Housing Q&A from 4/10 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ohZG743ac&feature=youtu.be), and it says that all students should have been notified by April 13th, but I haven’t yet received any info.