TAMU AND WORRIED

I’m a high school junior at the moment and I just have one question? My GPA is a 4.3 and my class rank is at top 18% . However, I’ve been studying for the SAT and I’m worried my score won’t meet the requirements TAMU is asking for.Is it possible for me to still get into TAMU with having good grades,being in extra curricular activities,having volunteer hours,being in club organizations too?

You still have time. Why don’t you work on SAT prep harder?

I agree with jakeowl. If you REALLY want to get in, take that test very seriously and prep. My son spent a lot of time getting comfortable enough with the test format and increased his score. He knew the material, but practicing the test several times helps you increase your speed and gives you time to find careless errors that you can make when rushing. Good luck!

I agree with the others. My son raised his score a LOT by taking practice exam after practice exam. He would even take the same exam over and over until he got all the answers correct. With your GPA and class rank, you should be able to do it!

Try the ACT. Some kids do better on ACT than SAT. Our son did ok on SAT but not good enough to get automatic admission. He got perfect on 2 sections of ACT.

I also agree with @gogogogobruins My son did fine on the SAT, but ACT was where he hit his stride!!

Don’t worry! Take the ACT instead, that’s what I did. My SAT score was average and my ACT score was pretty good. Most people I know do better on the ACT than the SAT. I just recently got in to TAMU and I’m pretty sure my exrta curriculars, GPA, essays, heavy coursework, and crazy amount of volunteer hours were the main reason I got in. My SAT was 1200 and my ACT was a 26.