Chance me for Texas A&M!

I’m in my junior year of high school, I’m in state, and hoping to major in Sports Management if that affects anything. I currently have a 94.3 weighted gpa and on my most recent practice SAT score was a 1340. I’m currently in the top 16% of my class at a competitive private school, but I’m very nervous that my gpa and rank will drop because I anticipate a very difficult junior year. I’m involved in Sports Information (I operate online stats for the athletics website), I will have been a varsity basketball student manager for three years, a student ambassador, a member of Key Club, and I do a short radio segment during halftime of our school’s football games (if that means anything). Last thing to add, I’ll have taken 4-5 AP classes my the end of senior year.

@imm130 stay in the top 25% and get a 1360 on the SAT and your in. You seem to be very close on those fronts. Just hard to say until you take the SAT and get a score. Best wishes.

Hi! If you can keep in the top 25% and raise your SAT a tiny bit to 1360 (minimum 620 math, 660 EBRW), you are considered Academic Admit and will get in automatically.

Unless things change next year, all departments (minus Engineering) are filled as people apply so make sure to apply early.

Engineering is holistic review so that would be the one department that you couldn’t guarantee a spot from.

Of course, make sure to keep an eye on the TAMU admissions page when you’re going to apply next year to see if there are any changes. http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted

You are so close with that SAT, I’m sure you’ll be able to do it!

Please, if I’m writing any wrong info. please someone correct me. I wouldn’t want to give bad info).

@Imm130 , Extracurriculars are great but not at the expense of academics. Class rank, GPA and test scores are extremely important in this process. Don’t spread yourself too thin. Find balance between academics and ECs. You want to do everything you can to be an academic admit. Don’t risk dropping out of the top 25%, otherwise you leave your fate to a review committee. You look like you are preparing well for the SAT. But don’t forget about the ACT. Some people are better suited to one versus the other. Good luck, and stay top 25%.