TAMU Class of 2021 Engineering Honors - Acceptances?

NVM

I just realized I never finished my app. Is it still possible to submit now and receive honors admission, scholarships, etc?

@bob6500 You can still fill it out and apply to the program. I believe that, to be considered for any scholarships associated with EH, the application had to be submitted by December 1. But, I believe that you can still apply to the program as long as you submit your application four weeks before your New Student Conference. This link should provide more information, but if you have anymore questions, I will do my best to help. I am new at this, but I’m learning as I go! Best of luck to you! https://engineering.tamu.edu/programs/eh/admission

Thanks for the info. If I’m NMS and think I might qualify for some other merit scholarships, would these scholarships be part of the Engineering Honors Program, or do they fall outside of that category?

I hope I haven’t missed out on too much by applying late.

@bob6500 I can’t speak for the NMS part of the scholarships, but if you applied by 12/1 though Apply Texas, that should have covered all of the available scholarship opportunities except Engineering Honors. At least, that is what I understand. On 1/24/17, the university rolled out many scholarships like Presidents Endowed, Lechner, and McFadden, and a few others. And now, the departments (at least the ones offering awards to incoming freshmen) are working on theirs. Since we didn’t apply to Engineering Honors prior to 12/1/16, I don’t think it qualifies for their scholarships, but I could be wrong. I will give them a quick call to verify. Have you been checking your Financial Portal through Howdy?

@bob6500 I just called Engineering Honors, and they said that they understand that the language on site can be confusing, so they are working to fix that. If you applied for scholarships by 12/1/16, you are eligible for all scholarships that are offered through the university and the COE. Engineering Honors is not offering separate scholarships. I hope this helps!

Just checked and I got in! I applied mid-January

I got admitted to Engineering Honors today, applied on 3rd March.

I was admitted to Engineering Honors December 18th :slight_smile:

DD (an OOS applicant, non NMF) got an email today saying she has been accepted into the Engineering Honors program.