TAMU Class of 2022 Chances

Can yall please chance me/ help me with what im supposed to do next? Im a first generation college student so please bare with me:

• In state
  • 3.73 WGPA
  • Top 9% of HS Class -Wont take SAT until Oct. 7th
  • EC: NHS and Student Council
  • Over 150 Community Service Hours
  • Active in Church Community

-If it takes at least 10 days for my SAT scores to come back, will i still be able to apply on time?

• If im in the top 9 % will my SAT scores even matter
  • Im trying to get into nursing school

Thank yall so much. God bless

I think you should be fine, what SAT score are you expecting?

Top 10% will get you into TAMU, but not necessarily the major of your choice.

@RMNiMiTz Im expecting anywhere between 1060-1300 with my math score being the highest

@EmilyBui - When you take your SAT, you have the option of listing A&M as one of the schools to receive your score. I have heard from others here on CC that A&M will get your scores even before you do. Complete the rest of your Apply Texas application and submit it to A&M, once they get your SAT score, you should be fine. And yes, your scores do matter, even with auto-admit, for things like scholarships.

Don’t worry - you will be in a rolling admissions major if you are pursuing nursing. You just need to complete the exams and have your major open at time of acceptance. Do designate that TAMU will be getting your scores - you do this online before you take the exam. TAMU will match it up with your application or hold it until you apply. My advice is to get your application in anytime between now and about 5 days after your test date.

Essays can only be done once - so do your best on those - they will be used for scholarships in your case. Ask your English teacher to review them if you haven’t already done some in class (our school does that).

For many honors programs within majors you do need to score in the academic admit range 1360 + , however you can select consider for honors on the application & TAMU will determine what to do once your scores come in if that is your pathway of choice. Also you can select honors & then decide later if you really want to do that. Free review help is available online at Khan academy. If you have the time, go over a few questions there before the exam. IF math is your ‘thing’ a quick review will certainly raise your score in math.

There are locations with help all over TX - depending on your location - search for a prospective student center near you. https://admissions.tamu.edu/advisors Best of luck to you - congrats on your academic achievements - you’re on your way!

Application Date: Oct 25
GPA & Class Rank: 3.92 31%
SAT: 1370
Major: Visualization
In state
Club & extracurricular: NHS, NAHS, instrumental club, tennis

Ahhh the wait is killing me, I feel like it would be a waste for me to go to UH(yeah so bold sorry), but my friends in the class of 2021 who had similar stats as me mostly got PSA or rejected?