TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

When did you apply: 8/19
When did you get your UIN: 8/21
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Business (Accounting, hopefully PPA), Mays
Class Rank: 7/357
GPA: 4.496
College Credit: 81 credits completed after high school using a combination of AP and DC. 60 are able to be used towards my major.
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1310; R-610, M-700 (will retake since I only took it once, plus someone pulled the fire alarm during my test)
ACT (with Sub Scores): N/A

Today I got on Howdy and saw six tabs, also I was able to get into my TAMU email. Hopefully AIS will update soon.

@theCluXDeluX where do u find ur email link? Son also has 6 tabs, was able to get to myLibrary but can’t seem to find email. thanks

Is there a forum with review applicants only? :frowning:

@gingytx If you go to the home part of the Howdy page there should be three boxes that say Library, Email and Google Drive, respectively. Clicking on email linked me to, I’m assuming, my TAMU email, titled (login name)@tamu.edu. This only appeared after I had received six tabs.

@momosmom Transfer applicants are actually reviewed and processed by the major they are applying to whereas freshmen applicants are processed by admissions officers. Their admissions process is completely different and unrelated to incoming freshmen.

@Thelma2 Do you know the significance of some having the email option already?

@momosmom
Has your student activated their NETid?
If not, go here https://services.tamu.edu/activation/

To set up email after activating NETid, go here https://tamu.service-now.com/tamu-selfservice/knowledge_detail.do?sysparm_document_key=kb_knowledge,1ea605352bb08a009b4c26e405da1524

When could we probably hear about acceptance for auto admits?

I just had a friend post that their son got in to Viz on auto admit last night. So it should be any time now.

Good luck

When did you apply: 8/17
When did you get your UIN: 8/21
Major/College of Choice: Agriculture, Animal Science
Class Rank: 42/488 (top 10%)
GPA: 4.11
College Credit: numerous dual credit and AP credit
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1360; R-650, M-710
ACT (with Sub Scores): 29

I applied on 8/17 and have not seen 6 tabs in my Howdy yet. Everything has been checked off and my AIS status says complete and in review. Hopefully I’ll see 6 tabs or AIS update soon! I also cannot log into the email system, even with the link that @Thelma2 provided.

Does TAMU have any release dates or is it just rolling?

Hi - do you have any idea when he applied?
Thanks

My daughter is not able to log into email with the link either.

still only 3 tabs for me still and I should be an auto-admit.

@seniormom2000 I wonder if it is the same young man on the reddit forum? He is stating he was accepted last night into Viz.
@kristen618 If it is the same young man, he responded to someone that he applied July 10.

When did you apply: 9/9
When did you get your UIN: 9/11
Major/College of Choice: Engineering
Class Rank: top 5%
GPA: 4.0 unweighted
NMSF
College Credit: AP credit
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1500; R-760, M-740
ACT: 32

Still only have three tabs, but just recently applied.

We were able to apply for dorm housing this morning, although the status of my son’s application is still Complete & In Review. He applied the end of July and is an auto-admit.

@JaceyK TAMU does not superscore…unfortuantely.

I just received an email from Texas A&M’s honor college saying,
“The Texas A&M Office of Admissions has notified me that you would like to be considered for Business Honors. Unfortunately…” Does this mean that my application is currently being reviewed since the Honor College just got notified? I am a review applicant and very nervous!

@futureaggie405 the Business Honors program sends out acceptance/rejections for their program only. It does not impact your admission to the University or Mays.

@Tintop Yea I know that but does it mean that the Office of Admissions if currently reviewing my application and my tabs will (hopefully!) update soon?