TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I think this wait is stressing me out more than my daughter.

My daughter just got accepted about 10 minutes ago! Go check! She was auto admit. Applied July 2nd.

My daughter was just accepted into Viz a few minutes ago! Applied July 27th

My son got admitted!! Mays business! Yay!

Whoop?? My daughter was just accepted too!! Allied Health major!! Applied July 26th. She still doesn’t have an email option and isn’t able to edit anything in the Aggie Account Gateway.

My daughter just checked, she has been officially accepted. She was an auto admit, applied July 3rd

Just got accepted into Mays! Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

For daughter:

When did you apply: 7/7
When did you get your UIN: 7/9
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering
Class Rank: 12/840
GPA: 5.32 weighted
College Credit: AP/Dual Credit
ACT: 33

Still only have three tabs. Must be dependent on major by the looks of others application dates and acceptance.

Ds was accepted into Mays! Applied 7/22. Academic admit.

DD was accepted into the School of Visualization???. Applied 7/1 - auto-admit.

My daughter received her acceptance this evening. She applied July 24th - auto admit. She chose Allied Health as her major but AIS shows Health. I’m hoping they’re the same. She’s already registered for her NSC.

Congratulations to everyone receiving their acceptance and gig’em!!!

Just got accepted!!! :relaxed:

When did you apply: 7/2
When did you get your UIN: 7/6
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Biochemistry
Class Rank: top 10%
GPA: 4.7 weighted
College Credit: AP Credit

Congrats to everyone else getting accepted!

When did you apply:7/23
When did you get your UIN: 7/25
When did you receive your admission decision:9/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit:Academic
Major/College of Choice: Anthropology BA
Class Rank:87/860
ACT (with Sub Scores) 33/ 33 math/30 English/35 science

Congrats to everyone accepted!!

@momosmom and all who have received admissions, CONGRATULATIONS!

Now that you are admitted, here is a helpful link http://admissions.tamu.edu/igotin

Under “Now that you are admitted” Click on Freshmen. A PDF page will come up http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-pubs/NTYA_FR.pdf

Page 6 is Pre Enrollment checklist. The 13th item is setting up your email account. In it, should be directions for linking it to your Aggie Email to your regular email inbox so you get it on your phone as well. https://google.tamu.edu/
Click Log In To Gmail. You will need your NetID. If you have not claimed your NetID, there is a link to do so on the page.

Here is the checklist to make sure you got it all done https://google.tamu.edu/student_checklist.html

@futureaggie405 Your application will be considered for the honors college if you are accepted into Mays. The honors college cannot accept you until the university does. To answer your question, no, the honors college is not reviewing your application at this time.

Review applicants typically do not receive admissions offers before the University places the auto/academic admits. By law, they must accept them, so they are processed first. Since A&M has rolling admissions that place an applicant directly into their requested major, they must place them first. Review applicant admissions decisions are released very close to or right after the application deadline. By that time, majors with limited seats are full.

For class of 2021, the first review applicant admissions decisions came out Nov. 20, Nov. 30, Dec. 2, and then a few dates in February. Blinn Team decisions came out over several days in Feb also. PSA came out on those same dates in Feb. So, it was a mix of decisions on the same dates in Feb.

For Class 2022, release dates were Nov 21, Dec 15, Jan 11, Feb 5. Blinn Team Feb 7/8, Gateway Feb 15/20, McAllen admissions offers Feb 23 and PSA March 8.

Hi All, I guess I am very new to the housing situation- but how do they know where they want to live already? DS just got 6 tabs on Howdy-when will get official notice by email or snail mail?

@Thelma2 Thank you for all your help on this discussion! I applied 8/17 and I have auto admission, do you have an estimate as to when I should get notified of acceptance? I still have 3 tabs in Howdy, and want to apply for housing ASAP. Thanks!

@bb1724 If you’ve done a tour then they should have shown you every housing style. Based on that, you can put in order the type of dorm your student wants. IF you haven’t done a tour, the reslife department has a great site that you can look at pics and layouts. If you have any questions, I’ve seen them all and can shed some light on the styles and locations.

Official notices will come in snail mail with a banner. Honestly not sure how long it takes. I’ve seen a few days to a couple of weeks.

@futurevett Surprised you haven’t received all of your tabs. Is everything complete for your application? And are you engineering?

So excited for all those autos and academics getting officially accepted (well tabs, but same thing). Now praying all the review admits get some good news soon (probably November). Hang in there!!!

For those accepted @thelma2 is a great resource (as we’ve seen). I live here (Aggieland) and have 2 kids at TAMU. If you have local questions, please let me know.