TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I need help from Anyone who can. My daughter got accepted to the engineering program at Galveston campus. After research we did we found out that it cost more to go to the Galveston campus vs. College Station. Does anyone have experience with this!

@MomHopesNxtGenAg can you address @Dutchesmom

The tuition calculator doesn’t distinguish College Station from Galveston but it does the Health Science Center at McAllen. https://tuition.tamu.edu/

I will look forward to saving money when my son transitions! How much more expensive?
A number of people have written in the last couple days saying that TEAB has saved them money, so that would be even better grounds for choosing it.

Cost of Attendance College Starion $28k
Cost of Attendance Galveston $31k

This is very hard to comprehend how this can be true.

Having my son in cstat in an expensive dorm we have paid all up all in $23k. I have no idea why it would show $28k. My $23 k includes all sports pass and minimum on campus meal plan for freshmen.

When looking at tuition and fees/living/meal plan do not favor in “personal expense or books”. Each college will best guess that and it’s irrelvant when comparing.

@BlueBayouAZ - Yes in Tempe! :slight_smile: He has been accepted to WP Carey School of Business (his first choice major). TAMU he applied as PoliSci as per counselor advice. My husband and I both love ASU and he is leaning that way for now. I think the distance may be what is holding him back. TAMU is our last to hear from-he has been accepted to the other ones he has applied to. ASU also is giving him a nice scholarship which puts the OOS costs similar to what we would pay at TAMU.

I reached out to AGGIEBOUND on Twitter and replied to their Aggieland Saturday post. I asked “Does this mean admission decisions will be released by then?”
To which I got:
"Howdy, Libbyshims! Fall 2019 Freshman applicants can expect to have a decision before March 1. "
So there’s that. lol

Could someone chance me? I am really nervous right now because A&M is my dream school and I really wanna make it!
When did you apply: November
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Biology
Class Rank: N/A; 2nd quarter
GPA: 4.68/5 (weighted) + 3.53/4 (unweighted)
SAT: 1370
Extracurriculars:
A lot of clubs and was officer for them, Student Council, Journalism, TEDx Ambassador, 250 + hrs. of summer volunteer, Dancer (4 Yrs), NHS, NSHS, NQSHS, HOSA (won 2nd at nationals for HOSA)

@ninamoore19 your SAT is great and depending on where you fall in 2Q you have a good chance at admissions. Your ECs are solid as well. Only thing that could hold you back is rank. Best of luck. I would think worst case would be team.

@libbyshims did you tell them how helpful that information was? lol.

@Dutchesmom Did she get into blinn academy as well? What were her stats?

@GManmom123 What were his stats? And does he live on tamu campus?

I have been following this forum for a while now, so I figured I might as well post my sons stats. This wait has been very stressful, and due to a sudden change in interest, he has now decided to wait to hear back from A&M.

Quick Stats:
Applied: July 17th
ACT: 24 (poor, I know)
Major: Poultry Science

He has served as Student Council vice president, 4H club president and vice president, Rotary Interact club president and FFA secretary. He has competed at the state level in 4H, as well as placing at major livestock shows. His FFA teams has also placed very high at contest. He has accumulated over 400 community service hours. He has been admitted to TAMUG, but rather been in College Station. He has also been in contact with his admissions advisor and he has told him that he is a very competitive applicant. We have been so stressed over this whole thing, so does he have any chance? Maybe TEAM? @AggieMomhelp

@4Hmom123 chief Shah here. Well I wouldn’t count him out yet. I really want to count myself out by now but you can’t give up. That is until and if there is a rejection. He probably has a 20-25% chance.

@ChiefShah134 i’m curious what you’re basing your percentages on? you gave someone a 3% chance a few days ago. you’re an applicant too, correct?

@4Hmom123 he sounds extremely well rounded and will do well wherever he ends up. Rest assured on that. Too 20% is great. Yes 24 isn’t great but I’ve known plenty that have gotten in with that score. This year is more competitive. Lots of wonderful students like your son. While I’m not sure he has a strong chance at full admit. I do think he’s a viable candidate for team which is a great offer. With full admits for non engineering students being so sparse this year, thus far, it’s hard to say. Last year I would have said full admit. Now eek I can’t be sure. Best of luck and please keep us posted.

according to my school’s college counselors, the rumors of us hearing last week/this week have been dispelled, they have been told mid-march. better than late March I guess

@noah4151 Aggieland officially posted on Twitter that all Freshman should have a decision by March 1st. Hopefully before then but crickets today.

I find it interesting how different the process must be from UT. A huge wave of CAPs has gone out there. I know one kid with a perfect ACT that got CAPed. It’s crazy.

Still 3 tabs on Howdy today

UT sent out what seems like a large wave of out-of-state denials last Friday night. (not CAPs, but full denials) My son was among them. :frowning: Reading the applicant stats posted on their forum, it’s mind-boggling
Valedictorians, 1550+SATs, Eagle Scouts, Class Presidents, etc. Kids that any university would be lucky to have.