TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@rockmom21 that’s so funny that her choices are between SLO and Tamu. They were my sons as well. He finally looked at all the numbers and ROI. Since we live here and he wants to go to either grad or law school, he chose tamu so he would have money left over. But dang SLO is such a beautiful campus. My high school friend from Cali decided on slo and she’s loved it! So I’m sure either choice will be a good one!!!

nothing

@learner234 My son was ranked in the second quartile. He was accepted to the Blinn Team Engineering. I have to say this has been fantastic for him! It has not only saved us a ton of money, but the classes are smaller and he has excelled. He pulled a 4.0 his first semester! He has attended games and other Aggie activities, so being Blinn also means you are a full fledged Aggie. Don’t give up hope! Being ranked in the second quartile is NOT a death sentence.

@Thelma2 LOL - giving leeway of one day on either side, you’ve guessed 18 of the remaining 24 days in Feb :-* I hope you’re right!! Any of those dates sure beat March 31st.

@Thelma2 P.S. I thought that was a smiley face, not a kissing face emoji! :wink:

@Thelma2 my brother has guessed second week of Feb.

historically speaking admissions decisions are often sent out the weekend of February 15 - so maybe then?

Today would be great…but not probable. I would be really happy to know by Valentine’s day! I am debating putting down a non-refundable deposit to LSU because I don’t want him to miss out on the housing he wants there but he really wants A&M so I keep going back and forth. Have alot of you put deposits at other schools just in case??

@DoodleMom2001 I also put a deposit down at Texas Tech just in case so that I could secure a Suite vs regular dorm room for my DD. Part of it is refundable but the “premium” part is not. I decided for us that was the best route to insure that she has decent housing should A&M not work out. But A&M is absolutely her preference.

Have a friend in admissions and according to her all decisions will begin coming out in waves and they want all decisions made by Aggieland Saturday (February 9th) hope this is helpful!

@aggiedad34 Does “all” that include Blinn-Team? Or just full?

When did you apply: 9/24/18
When did you get your UIN: 9/27/18
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/27/18
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic
Major/College of Choice: Public Health
Class Rank: non-ranking school (1st Q)
SAT (with Sub Scores)- 1470 (Math 780, EBRW 690)
ACT (with Sub Scores)- N/A

Good luck to everyone still waiting and 'gig em!

This is kind of late, but since I just accepted their admission, I’d like to share my stats:

When did you apply: 9/24/18
When did you get your UIN: 9/27/18
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/27/18
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic
Major/College of Choice: Public Health
Class Rank: non-ranking school (1st Q)
SAT (with Sub Scores)- 1470 (Math 780, EBRW 690)
ACT (with Sub Scores)- N/A
ECs: 4 year varsity sport, co-captain senior year, NHS, Mu Alpha Theta, Spanish National Honor Society, 100 hours of volunteer tutoring, AP Scholar with honor

Good luck to everyone still waiting and gig 'em!

@CMR1997 You figured me out LOL B-) I thought it was better than saying that historically, Decisions came out on Monday, Thursday and Friday except for the times they came out on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Ok, Let’s narrow it down. No buffer days

Tuesday February 5

Thursday February 7

Monday February 11

Friday February 15

@aggiedad34 @AggieDreamin They say that every year and it has never happened. Unless it is in writing on AggieBound twitter, it holds no water.
The engineering admissions web page has in writing that applicants that apply by Oct 15 will get a decision in December and every year, auto and academic admits who apply by the deadline are deferred to January and later and review admits are almost universally deferred until after the new year and into February, no matter when they applied.

@DoodleMom2001 Yes, I would if you think a lot of the housing will be gone if you don’t and especially if they have a clause like putting it down within a certain time frame for any kind of priority or guaranteed. Many auto/academic admits do it for A&M within 30 days of their admissions while they wait other schools decisions.

@DoodleMom2001 I put down a deposit at Tech as well for the same reason @AggieDreamin did. However, Tech has moved from position 2, (TAMU being 1) to position 3 with ASU now 2. I am tempted to put down at ASU too, but am worried about having too much out there and not getting all my money back. lol. I also did the premium nonrefundable deposit on the suite dorms for my son. Which he did get. Which would be great. If he decided to go there. haha. I’m hoping for something this week, but am thinking it will be more like the 22nd. Trying not to check multiple times a day. Hang in there, all!

@AggieDreamin When you put down a deposit for a dorm, did you accept that your daughter would be attending TT as well?

@AggieFam No, it is not a commitment to attend. :slight_smile: If you put down an additional deposit for a premium suite (private bedroom/shared bathroom with 1 roommate) you won’t get that back. Also, if you want to go that direction and the suite is not available keep looking because there are others that have done this and if they decide to go elsewhere a room will open up. For regular dorm rooms…you get the deposit back.

@libbyshims - are talking Arizona State? If so - lived in AZ there for more than a decade. This past year one of my friend’s daughters missed the housing deadline so she did not get guaranteed housing. She enrolled in February, went to orientation in April, started the housing application and received instructions on how to finish it - but waited until JUNE to complete it (she could have had her dorm assignment back in April). So ASU started her off in a hotel for a week or two - then she was moved into a dorm space. SO even waiting until June she got a room. It’s strange but ASU seems to put kids up in in hotels at the start of every Fall term.

@AggieDreamin These schools are as bad as the airlines :).

@BlueBayouAZ A&M’s dorms have study rooms so a lot of temporary housing goes on there as well. There is usually a bathroom in the hall. Once they sort out who didn’t decline their admissions but signed up for housing, etc, etc, once they sort out which rooms are available and in what dorms, they start placing the kids from temp into them. Everyone is in a room within 2-3 weeks or less