TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

yesterday as in Sunday? Does he check his portal every hour (like our daughter :slight_smile: ), or, looked yesterday and offer was there?

@2NDGENAGGIE My thoughts exactly
except I think I check my daughter’s portal more often than she does!!

He checked his email on Sunday and it was there. I am more worried about this than he is! He was a little disappointed about the wait list.

@class24mom - Thank you! – I think the TAMU/Blinn is good in that the child is a TAMU Student with the exception of no sports. But, they have to take some classes at another school. I am not sure about the Honors program though.

Does he have a backup plan? My daughter has a couple of backups, but of course TAMU is very high on her list, so we are anxiously waiting for an answer so we can move on if it is in College Station or elsewhere.

Wait
 do you mean he was offered Blinn Team or he could choose to go on wait list for full admission to TAMU
 or he was offered wait list for blinn team and TAMU?

WOW
@class24mom
my daughter is interested in applying to TAMU as an out of state student too. What high stats and not a full acceptance!!!

@AggieMomhelp - He was offered Blinn Team and he could wait list for full admission to TAMU - at least that is what he read to me. He wanted to turn down the Blinn Team offer but I don’t think he understood completely what it was. I know he accepted the wait list.

@Colhopeful728 I hope to get some more information about the Blinn Team offer. He does have a few backups - UMD and JHU but he had his heart set on Texas!

@gs9015 - we thought he would get in no problem. He was a little disappointed but I told him that I thought the Blinn Team is still an acceptance. Hopefully, if he doesn’t go that route, the waitlist will come through!

Are decisions still coming out? I applied for Animal science and wildlife and fisheries sciences?

class24mom - Congratulations if he was offered Blinn Team. I don’t know enough to give you any more information, pretty sure some experienced mom can give you the information. If you do a search, you can find more information on the Blinn Team.

It seems like a great deal for those students that really want to go to TAMU. You still get to live in the TAMU dorms, join clubs/greek life, buy game passes, pretty much do everything a normal TAMU student does with the exception of being in a sports team.

The student just have to take the bus to go to the other college (Blinn?) to take some classes but there are posts on here that gives you tips on how to manage that as well.

I am just not sure how Financial Aid will work on the Blinn team or how honors etc works.

I told my DD that if Blinn or Galveston was offered, she should accept it
 of course, full offer is always best. But my daughter wants to be outside her current city and away from her parents, so TAMU either way is good for us.

i got waitlisted and i had both of those majors on my application

What were your scores and gpa?

Sat: 1290. 690r, 600 math. GPA UW: 3.86.
i’m also 1st gen student and parents are immigrants from mexico.

I scored a 28 (34 science and 30 math) and have a 3.5 my gpa is why I don’t think I’ll get in

@mantasaur @Crazei What were your rankings? 1st quarter, 2nd quarter? And if you were waitlisted did you just find out today?

He has a 4.65 GPA, 1470 SAT and 35 ACT score.<<<<<<<

I would stay on the CS wait list but focus on your other offers. I I was this kid's mum, I would not agree to Blinn. Full pay OOS, this kid can get merit money elsewhere that isn't a community college start. Actually if you have JHU and you were always full pay, I wouldn't even care. And UMD. I do wonder though, that you were hoping for merit $$? It might be possible that TAMU is parsing these applications because they know the kids won't attend. That is probably about time. UT seems to do that. 

I’m 2nd quarter but I also have 24 college hours and have never taken a regular class in highschool

1st quarter, waitlisted this past friday

Congratulations on the John Hopkins University offer. I would love it if they gave my DD an offer