TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I got waitlisted the other day. Do any of you guys happen to know when they’re going to get back to us waitlisted people?

Also does anyone know how competitive Allied Health is?

People have until 5/1 to accept or decline their offers. I wouldn’t expect too much movement until then.

HOWEVER, this is a reminder that once you (or your kids) make a choice, please let your other acceptances know so that they can offer your spot to someone else if applicable.

It’s anybody’s guess - but I would say the 6% had nothing to do with bringing back the waitlist.

In 2019 you had 42,014 applications and a 56.74% admit rate (43.01% enrolled). In 2009 you had 22,757 completed applications with a 66.61 admit rate (53.25% enrolled). The enrollment rate was even higher going back pre-2009.

While some of that is societal with computer applications and students applying more places than they use to - the TAMU yield rate is probably lower than they would like. It is now lower than UT’s. - UT has remained flat - while TAMU is on a steady decline.

The waitlist gives the university a little flexibility at admitting “second round” highly qualified students more likely to enroll.

@user_482783
I have an unweighted GPA of 3.4 weighted 3.8
sat of 1330
Asian
instate
took 9 APs
I have 150 volunteer hours
I have 2 leadership positions one is in NHS one in a sports club
I participate in 5 clubs but most are local ones
I worked at Taco Bell
I applied 11/16
Thanks in advance

@viennanguyen2001 i called the regional office and they said all of those who were waitlisted should receive some sort of decision (PSA, Full-Admit or Blinn-TEAM) by the end of February/Mid-March. However, the lady who I talked to on the phone was really honest with me and she said she has no idea how they are going to do it this year with the return of the waitlist.

My Howdy portal has changed to 6 tabs now but my AIS has not updated yet. Can someone bring light to this? I applied to Biomedical Sciences and my major has yet to change nor have I got waitlisted or offered for BLINN.

Edit: Nevermind I just read the previous posts! Does it mean that I am soon to get accepted?

What does the 6 tabs mean? I also applied to biomedical but have yet to notice any changes

@aghpfl - may I ask around what time you noticed your Howdy portal to change? PS- congrats!

What does the 6 tabs mean? I also applied to biomedical but have yet to notice any changes

@Hope2Baggie I checked around 9 AM today and thats when I saw the change. I checked last night and I was still at 3 tabs.

@StoneK from what I’ve been reading, 6 tabs mean that you are in! Howdy updates before AIS so it’s a sign that you got admission!

Where would i find this and what does it look like?

Sorry for the lack of clarification! When you log into Howdy, when on mobile there will be three lines on the top left corner that’s a drop down menu, with “Home”, “Applicant”, and “My record”, and on desktop it’ll just be on the screen already. That’s what Howdy will look like when a decision has not been made, but when it does, it’ll update to 6 tabs, adding in “My Finances”, “Student Life”, and “My Howdy”. I hope this helps!

My DD 3 tabs are ‘home’, ‘applicant’, ‘my howdy’

My apologies! It should say “My Howdy” instead of “My Records” if she still has three tabs.

OK…I’m finally going to ask. “DD” is acronym for what? (If it’s your child’s name, just let me know initials). We’ve been trying to figure it out! ?

This wait is killer, yall. I feel pretty sure my son wont get a Cstat offer, but we are really hoping for an Academy offer. He’s applied to the Jr College locally that has one of the Academys and has passed all their “pre-qualifications”. Hopefully the no news, is good news for those of us still waiting…

pretty sure it’s “dear daughter”… almost certain the 2nd D is daughter.

Do the 3 tabs ‘home’, ‘applicant’, ‘my howdy’ signify there are 3 more to come, for the 6 total? Or not necessarily? Do Blinn Team accepts get 6 tabs also? Thanks