TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Usually it is the following:
DD - Dear Daughter
DS - Dear Son
DH- Dear Husband
“DW” - Never seen this but I would assume Dear Wife.

At least on most chats or forums, this is what I have gathered and assumed. Of course, it could very well be the Daughter’s initials too but unlikely.

Team will get 6 tabs as well

:slight_smile: Our best guess was “direct decendent”, but…

yup…I’m (parent) not allowed to go onto our DD’s portal(s)…so, every hour on the hour, I’m literally, well, almost, throwing up!

My howdy tabs say Home, applicant and my howdy. But only show 3 tabs. Why do I have the my howdy tab?

Well…I guess, if they came directly from the founder of the School. :smiley:

may i ask what are your sons stats? and what major? in state or out?

So, I was wondering, should I have my child apply to the Engineering Acadmy and TExas AM - Galveston directly then?
Just in case she didn’t get a full or Blinn offer to Texas AM College Station

@Colhopeful728 can’t hurt…I believe the Blinn-Brenham Academy takes a limited number but is close to TAMU so nice option. Hopefully someone more familiar with it can pipe in ?

yOuR AaP iS cOmPLeTe aNd iN rEvIeW

It is official! My daughter got a full admission offer to TAMU College Station and she is so happy and I am SO proud of her!!! I noticed her portal changed to 6 tabs about 8:00 am this morning. Her AIS had the You are admitted! message about 3:15 and she has a congratulatory message now at 5:00 pm. I would not have known what to look for or where to look for it if not for the advice here!! My DD didn’t even know she had been accepted! I had to show her!!!

She applied end of September, and has been in review since October.
ACT: 28, met both minimums on reading and math
1st quarter of class by TAMU (her school doesn’t rank)
3.88 GPA
All pre-AP and 2 AP classes (BIO and CALC)
Micro and cellular biology major
Lots of ECs, leadership positions
Has shadowed several doctors
Been on 5 mission trips, 4 international
Texas resident
Good luck to everyone still waiting!! I’m a Texas Longhorn, but I am thrilled to be the parent of a future Aggie!!!

So do the 6 tabs in the howdy portal hold any meaning for engineering applicants? I ask this because I was admitted to the school in December but have been in engineering review since then.

@chilanga513 - CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for y’all!! You are giving those who haven’t heard or seen anything change in the Howdy portal hope!!! Whoop!

Is it possible to still get full admission under general studies if 1st and 2nd majors are filled? Applied for Kinesiology 1st and Psychology 2nd. Heard psych was full but not sure about Kinesiology yet.

Also, does howdy only update on Tuesdays and Fridays, or can it be any day?

In the past, Tuesdays and Fridays were the typical days to hear something, but so many things have happened out of the ordinary this year that anything is possible. I would suggest you check Your AIS once a day just in case.

My son was admitted on Monday evening. As crazy as it sounds, his Howdy changed sometime that evening on October 28th. I know it changed sometime late afternoon or evening because I was on Howdy that day and nothing changed yet. I went to Howdy that night and saw it. His AIS changed and he got his acceptance email on 10/29 5AM, which was Tuesday already, at least it showes in his documents on AIS.
I don’t have any idea how or why, just saying how it was in his case.

Hi! Do I have a good chance of getting into TAMU?
I applied in: Mid September
My class rank: Top 40% so 2nd quarter
Sat: 1350 with 660 in reading and 690 in math
Act: 29 with 24 in english and 31 in math
I’m an Academic Admit
College of Engineering and applied Early Action

@somehighschoolgirl - if you are in the second quarter you would be a review admit and not an academic one. Those scores were in the “likely full academy” and not College Station range last year.

I have similar stats to above, non ranking scjool in 2nd quarter with 1380 sat score applying for engineering… nothing yet. What are my chances at full admit? I’d guess very low …