TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

What would be my chances as a full admit majoring in engineering at college station.
SAT: 1480 (M: 710, R&W: 770)
Rank: Top 25% (not exactly sure what the exact percentage is, because I was ranked by A&M)

Accepted into Mays School of Business Honors Program today! Gig 'em!

Are the liberal arts majors at A&M full because I donā€™t know if I should just take UTDā€™s offer or wait for A&M to get back at meā€¦

Congrats!!! Thatā€™s awesome! Our oldest daughter graduated from Mays this past May and she loved it there and now has a wonderful job in Dallas! Tough school, great school, and so worth it! Whoop!

@whoop24 If you donā€™t mind me askingā€¦ what were you stats? when did you apply? were you waitlisted first?

Would anyone please take a crack at evaluating my sonā€™s liklinhood of acceptance of any kind at this point? We are getting tense over here because this weekend we have to choose a dorm at our backup, OSU, and my son wants to room with his bestie. But if he ends up at A&M (his absolutel no holds barred first choice) then his bestie will room with a friend of his from church. This poor bestie kid has been put on hold for so long now and we need to be able to give him assurance by Saturday.

Major: Comp Sci/Engineering
15th% percentile rank
ACT 30 - forget exact numbers but his English score was 1 point from academic admit, everything else qualified (heartbreaking)
GPA: 4.18
4 years band with multiple leadership
NHS, Engineering club, other clubs
Internship with compluters
community service - not anything too impressive but a good solid amount
Solid essay

A few weeks ago his major changed in AIS but other than that not a single change since he applied in late July.

@hmporter64 IMHO I would think your son would at least get a Blinn Team/Engineering Academy offer with those stats. What did his major change to in AIS if you donā€™t mind me asking? My daughter applied for Engineering on 7/1, nothing has changed in AIS for her, and weā€™ve been in review for 7 months! The wait is killing us both. Good luck to your son!

He had originally listed his majors in this priority: 1. Computer science and 2. Computer Engineering. About two weeks ago he noticed they had flip flopped, like this: 1. Computer Engineering, 2. Computer Science. IT seemed like an omninous sign but it does say underneath that ā€œyour major my change as a regular part of the admissions review processā€ so who knowsā€¦

@HMPORTER I too think heā€™ll get some type of offer either academy or full. He checks all the boxes. The 30 isnā€™t the strongest weā€™ve seen, but what was his math and science on ACT?

I donā€™t know if this has happened for anybody else but on my howdy, there are two new icons for ā€œemailā€ and ā€œgoogle driveā€ that just appeared. Iā€™ve had the six tabs since my acceptance back in December, but those two icons are new. When I click on the ā€œemailā€ button, it takes me to confirm a tamu email. What does this mean? Have I been accepted into engineering, or at least in the process of acceptance? My AIS and Howdy still show that I am in review.

@AggieMomhelp Math was 27, STEM was 30ā€¦ I think science was a 33? I know a 30 ACT isnā€™t all that awesomeā€¦ I was so happy he achieved even that because testing is really not his thing.

My daughter was waitlisted on the 27th. She is University Studies/SEAL as well

@AggieMomhelp @aGGieENGiNeeR @AggieMomAgain any thoughts?

My daughter has been waiting as well to hear. Her GPA Is 4.75 but SAT score is average. Asked for a engineering major. How can we tell if she is waitlisted? She applied 11/15/19 for 2020 fall.

If you go to Howdy Portal and look under her AIS - it will state that she has been waitlisted and she will have to make a choice of how she wants to be waitlisted. We got a choice of College Station and TEAM, College Station only, or TEAM only. You have to make a choice by April 1. My daughter also received an email about 4 days later telling her to check her application status.

@thesaraimartinez It appears you will probably get full admit to cstat. BUT donā€™t hold me to that. Since Galveston and Academy offers havenā€™t gone out yet, it could be that wave comingā€¦ until we see others have the same changes, itā€™s hard to sayā€¦ but I feel things look good for you.

@aggies8688. Thanks. I see no updates. Just informing ā€œApp Received and in Reviewā€.

I donā€™t see any reason why you should not just wait until the acceptance deadline for your UTD offer unless you are worried about getting a dorm room, etc.

I just finished reading an interesting article which was written many years ago, but made me feel a little bit better about the notion that my DD may not make it into TAMU. Many of us will have children that just donā€™t make the cut for A&M, but they shouldnā€™t feel so discouraged by it. Theyā€™re still very smart students with an amazingly bright and successful future ahead of them.

ā€œKrueger and Dale studied what happened to students who were accepted at an Ivy or a similar institution, but chose instead to attend a less sexy, ā€œmoderately selectiveā€ school. It turned out that such students had, on average, the same income twenty years later as graduates of the elite colleges. Krueger and Dale found that for students bright enough to win admission to a top school, later income ā€œvaried little, no matter which type of college they attended.ā€ In other words, the student, not the school, was responsible for the success.ā€

i dont understand why i am still under review for engineeringā€¦
ā€” i am top quarterā€¦ i have taken 13 IB classes in a super rigorous high school
ā€” 29 ACT, 30 english, 34 math, 31 stem
ā€” good essays( i changed states so i talked about that and my influence my dad had on meā€¦ hes an engineer)
ā€” 500 job shadowing hours( my uncle is a senior engineer), co president of rocket club, engineering club, comp sci club, NHS, N french HS, over 100 volunteer and service hours

i really wanna go to college station for engineering and im getting super worried i applied late october( not early) still havent heard back yet

please provide any insight, thanks!