TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Colhopeful728, @Hope2Baggie …IDK if you’re the Applicants or parent(s)…BUT, please know: As a Parent & Former Student, I’m not “allowed” logins into our daughter’s HOWDY…so, I’m ESPECIALLY on “edge”. Unlike some on this forum, our daughter WILL BE a TAMU 2024 Aggie because it is the ONLY University she applied to. Some may say, “bad decision”, but, they don’t “get” the BURNING DESIRE to become an Aggie, and being able to contrubute to the AMAZING Aggie Network. Hoping that’s some Good Bull for some on this forum. GIG 'EM & WHOOP!! and see y’all in Aggieland!!!

It’s Aggieland Saturday, and, I think it’s for PROSPECTIVE Students, not admitted students…although, would be great to get to CS and donate nonperishables!
Aggieland Saturday
HOWDY!
You’re invited to join us for the biggest open house of the year at Aggieland Saturday on February 8, 2020.

Bring your family for a fun-filled day in Aggieland as you meet current students, tour dorms, visit libraries, computer labs and more. You will also have the opportunity to learn more about our academics, the admission process, as well as financial aid and scholarship opportunities.

Aggies Give Back: Join us in an act of selfless service at Aggieland Saturday by donating a nonperishable food item to help eliminate hunger in the Brazos Valley community. While all nonperishable food items are welcome, the most needed items are: rice, cooking oil, dry pinto beans, peanut butter, jelly, as well as canned fruit, soup and proteins. Donation stations will be located near parking areas and Rudder Plaza.

@colhopefu728 MCallen and Galveston are the same type of offer. Full time at those campuses. Blinn is another pathway that is dual enrollment at Cstat campus and Blinn located here as well. These are the only pathways offered. Some will get to choose, some will be told where they will go. It depends on the student which is best. Most choose Blinn option though.

And yes, Team is just like being a full admit on cstat campus. Yes the forum is great for getting some questions answered, but some of these have been answered a thousand times over, lol. I need to cut an paste going forward perhaps.

Congrats to Gateway… it’s not an error. Admissions just doesn’t like that we know before the official word is out. = ) Gateway is by far, the biggest leg up!

Good Luck @2NDGENAGGIE - My daughter allows me to log in for her as she was getting too sick and tired of me asking her to check. I made her apply to a couple of other university as backups as I heard that UT and TAMU is competitive. However, I didn’t know it was this competitive. I honestly thought she would be admitted to both UT and TAMU fully, but now…I don’t know it seems so stressful and wish we had researched way way before her Senior year. Little things like apply early and first come first serve was never told to us. Apply early was told to us in a “get it out of the way before school starts” versus, apply early so you can be in line for first come first serve.

But we live and learn, and my daughter is learning some hard lessons now…

Got the 6 tabs this morning!!! I was late to work happy crying in the parking garage. His major changed from PoliSci to General Studies (cool - don’t care - Aggie bound) - but for Summer 2020…??? His HOWDY has Fall 2020 but AIS has Summer 2020. Can any one clear that up??? I plan to call this afternoon to ask but I just know that the phone lines (as it’s always been when I call) are going to be full.

@Hope2Baggie @UCLAbruin1 @AgMom87 @H2OTexas @mooom@skinerss
A friend of my DS was admitted via Gateway last year and it has been a GREAT experience all round. He said that by the time it came round to Howdy Week in Aug he was showing incoming Freshman where to go/helping them out ! - he felt so comfortable with his integration into Aggie life :slight_smile:
But with my parent hat on I will just share …New student orientation for Gateway last year was mid June, then they moved into dorms end of June, classes started first week of July SO if Gateway is your chosen admission pathway & you’re planning any type of family vacation your window of opportunity does shrink a wee bit.

Howdy!
I’m a prospective student awaiting an answer from A&M. I am a non-engineering major, looking to complete the BIMS major to go to vet school. I do have a few questions I believe I haven’t found the answers to yet.
First, I’ve seen some say that replies would be sent out before Aggieland Saturday. Is this just for engineering majors or everyone? Back when I talked to admissions in October, they told me holistic reviews would likely receive answers the first week of March. Of course this was awhile back, so I can see things changing.
Second, would my classification change my chances of getting in? I’ll be graduating high school with an associates, and should transfer a full year of credits to A&M, making me a sophomore? I know having these credits will cancel my chances of getting a BLINN offer or PSA, so my hopes are that my outcome is positive.
I’m also looking for advice from anyone that knows anything about how UNT compares to A&M? I’ve already been accepted there and have a pending honors application, and the wait for A&M is killer. UNT’s housing is going fast and I’d like to be able to set things up there if A&M says no. I emailed admissions Tuesday but have to receive any kind of answer so things have become a tad stressful here. A&M is my dream college and I would absolutely love to be an aggie, but I can only wait so long.
Thanks to anyone who can provide answers and/or provide reassurance :smile:

I certainly don’t expect to get in for engineering… but to those still waiting, best of luck to you all! All of you are exceptional students and will be great leaders for our future society, wherever you attend!

@Colhopeful728 … I get “I love you” in response to my constant asking “did you check BOTH AIS & HOWDY?!”. And, yes, since Summer of 8th Grade, our daughter has attended Academic Summer Camps at TAMU (plus, our son attends several Baseball Camps in Summer too…but, we’re CRAZY! :-)). And, we went for an “official” campus tour & dorm tours, etc. I’m the craaaazy mom on the tours wearing two Aggie Rings ('86 & '50), and answering all the questions if “allowed” by our DD. YES, the admissions process for TAMU is definately “earned”…

@justwondering Happy cry all day girl. It’s Gateway program. He will start in the summer second session. It’s a great deal… go check out the info on TAMU website.

@2NDGENAGGIE - praying y’all get in! My son also allows me to check his portals, because he too is exhausted by my inquiries all day every day. lol . A&M was and is his first choice. My husband is an Aggie, our nephew is currently in the honors engineering program and other family members are Aggies as well. So believe you me, A&M is his first choice. However given the competitiveness, we suggested he apply to other schools as well as a back up. He was accepted in both SMU andTCU -( waiting on honors decision at TCU). He did not apply to the engineering program. His first choice was Mays and then Agribusiness. Given Mays is full, I am kinda hopeful as someone got full admit Mays but with honors the other day. But I am aware that since we haven’t seen any changes in his portal, his chances are getting slimmer and slimmer…most likely a PSA which makes me sad for him. We personally know others whose stats are lower with similar EC and service hours etc who received team Blinn. That has frustrated him and us, but we are trying to remain positive. Thank you for being so supportive and providing so much insight, as it has been incredibly helpful. Best of luck to everyone!

We too are still waiting. MEEN is my son’s first choice with Civil EN second. He is coming in with an Associate’s Degree since he is coming from a Collegiate High School so some of the Alternatives are not possible for him since he already has ALL of his basics done such as Gen Studies. I have access to his AIS and Howdy acct so I can check daily. :slight_smile: He has already been accepted to UTA, TSU, UNT, and SFA, but TAMU is his first choice. Dad is an Aggie. He applied at the beginning of Aug. under review. Hopefully, we will hear soon.

How long does it usually take for the Howdy portal and AIS to stop saying under review after we’ve gotten 6 tabs? Anybody know?

@DallasCowboys42

@Hope2Baggie …praying for y’all too! I know this is a data/stats forum, so, I don’t know how “well received” my comments are…I do try to “hold back”. :slight_smile: I truly LOVE TAMU and the Aggie Network, so, I’m happy to help in any way I can. But, I’m holding on for this wild ride too. Looking forward to seeing and “WHOOP!”-ing your Offer soon!!!

I think it’s not until tomorrow morning. Hopefully someone in the know can help. Has it ever updated midday? We’ve been waiting since August. I guess we can wait one more day, but you can’t believe it’s true until you see it in AIS. It’s kind of agonizing. I was happy crying heading into work today as well.

@Bremsy96 My daughter has been waiting since September and she received a FULL College Station offer in Micro and Cellular Biology on Tuesday!!! There are still full offers out there! I know it is hard to wait b/c we have been there!

In light of today’s gateway decisions, what are the odds of a wave early action engineering kids who haven’t received any type of Engineering Academy, PSA, gateway, or galveston (basically alternative options), like myself, being tomorrow since the last day of January is tomorrow?

To update my status as well, literally nothing has changed since I applied in september. AIS still says in review, location in AIS still says College Station. Order is Computer Science as major 1 and then Computer Engineering as major 2. Howdy still has 3 tabs as well.

Is this a good sign that i’ll get full admit into CStat for engineering?

Others have mentioned that their 1st choice and 2nd choice majors have changed orders, but mine still hasn’t. To give some light into my stats, I have a 1460 with a 770 in math as well as a 3.6 UW and a 4.6 W, however I am top 26% (bummer, just missed out, ergo why i’m still waiting).

This waiting game is getting harder and harder I swear. Hopefully, I’m not holding onto false hope with all these alternative options going out to so many other applicants but not myself!

@skinnerss My daughter got 6 tabs Tuesday morning. Her AIS said “You are admitted” around 3:00 but under another place (maybe manage applications) it said under review until Thursday when it changed to admitted. Congrats!!! You can also check under my profile I think. The people on this forum ROCK! Also, under communications I noticed on Wednesday that her congrats your admitted letter was sent out.