TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@chilanga513 , what on “my profile” should I be looking for? Congrats to your daughter! I am so excited for the official yes.

I have a REAL GOOD feeling that tomorrow, Friday 1.31.20 will be THE day that “Still in Review” applicants will see a change. Just a hunch that A LOT of decisions will be made.

Did anyone gain tutoring (with strong results) for SAT and/or ACT, and with what person/school? We didn’t for our DD, but asking for our Sophomore DS that just took the PSAT. :slight_smile: Or, is there a forum on this site that I can toggle to? TIA!!

You have no idea how much I am hoping you are correct!!!

YES me too!!

Thanks for the tip. I will check tomorrow then. I will check one more time tonight, then check again int he morning.

@skinnerss If you have 6 tabs look under tabs and there’s a picture of a person and it says my profile. Click it then look under student info and it will say fall 2020 college station. Just another reassurance of acceptance. Your AIS should change this afternoon and say admitted.

@Ag Dad '92 - I too hope and pray you are correct!!!

AIS just changed! Admitted to Gateway!

My son’s AIS just updated! “ You’ve been admitted to Texas A&M’s Gateway to Success Program!”

I really hope so! I’ve been nervously waiting since September!

@2NDGENAGGIE My son’s SAT score took a huge leap by using Khan Academy from fall junior year to late spring. It is free and formed questions based on weaknesses from his recent SAT/PSAT. You will see a link to it from the SAT (College Board) site.

FWIW, Aggieland Saturday also has informational meetings for Admitted Students, Prospective Blinn Team Students, and Prospective Transfer Students

https://admissions.tamu.edu/agsat

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS RECEIVED AN OFFER!! Whoop! You are on your way to being an Aggie in Aggieland, what a fantastic opportunity! Even if the offer doesn’t start out in College Station, keep your focus and you will be there in the blink of an eye. Whoop!! :slight_smile:

The whole admissions process has certainly changed over the past few years.

To help people who will be applying next year, could y’all re list all of your stats along with your admissions offer? That way the info will be all in one place.

For students who were offered GATEWAY, could you also list any of the extenuating circumstances that was included in the application that may have led to that offer? In the past, there was usually some sort of traumatic issue that was included in the application which explained perhaps why a student had a lower rank or gpa or how they overcame some sort of difficulty. Just a general bit of info, (injury or illness/family issues/natural disaster such as flooding, etc) I can understand if you don’t want to go into details.

For instance, my younger daughter suffered a serious concussion in the 8th grade and the recovery process was at least 2 years, it affected her grades and rank. She only included a few lines about the concussion in the “extra info section” and only at my instance, she didn’t want to be perceived as “different”. I had hoped that info would help her get a second look by the Admissions officers despite her low HS ranking. She didn’t receive a Gateway offer but she did receive a Blinn-TEAM offer. And she is thriving in Aggieland! :slight_smile:

WHOOP! Our AIS just updated Gateway admission! Very happy it’s been a long wait. He is in NHS, Eagle Scout and so forth. His essay focused on how he’s overcoming dyslexia to take a full course load of AP courses. His SAT was lower than most, so I think they took his essay in consideration in making the Gateway offer. He also wrote about wanting to be in the Corps and eventually go into the Military, so that may have been a positive factor as well.

@skinnerss - my son got Gateway this morning, too! I’ve already called A&M and I spoke to a kid (by chance) who did Gateway last year and couldn’t have said more positive things about it. I’ve seen some express disappointment with Gateway on here, but I truly believe that it’s a program all Freshman college kids should take. College isn’t high school - even the most competitive high schools aren’t “like college” simply because you’re comparing apples to oranges. I was 27 when I went back to college (with my son in tow) and being of an age where I had adulting (mostly) down, college still kicked my butt my first semester. It’s a different beast altogether so if you or your kiddo have been offered Gateway - take it! The kid I spoke with stated he would have been completely lost, likely failing, and potentially a college drop-out without it. What you’re gaining in Gateway are skills TAMU Admin assumes the other admits already have: exceptional time management skills and extraordinary study skills. No one ever taught me how to study - I always knew WHAT to study - but not knowing HOW is what made my first semester a real eye opener.

@AggieMomAgain Great idea about listing stats as they are rolling in, but let’s do it on another thread so people don’t have to tredge through this monstrosity of posts. lol

I’ll go start one and post it here. It will definitely help Class of 2025 next year!

I really hope news to college of education comes out tomorrow! Hopefully it’s not just engineering.

I got the same offer today! I picked potion 3 “Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan (TEAB-Bryan), a dual enrollment program,” but my AIS says that I am “being considered for it.”

@thesaraimartinez that’s just a formality. It’ll change to admitted soon.

As for the rest of you new Ags… I just started a thread that @AggieMomAgain suggested. It’s called TAMU Class of 2020 STats/decisions/dates. Please post stats there so we can help out next years applicants (of course things will change again, but it’s a start!!!).

Thank you and again, congrats to all of you. For those still waiting… hang in there.

@thesaraimartinez : CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOOP! :slight_smile:

I’m happy for you, that is a great program and you will get to start out as an Aggie in AGGIELAND! :slight_smile: