TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@AggieMomhelp you may consider blasting the stats request on http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2159381-tamu-2024-after-youve-been-accepted-questions-and-answers.html
To capture the ones that may not be following this stream anymore.

OH! @Colhopeful728 
you have MUCH more dicipline than most! :slight_smile:

@AgMom87, would you mind sharing your s’s statistics?

We didn’t have extenuating circumstances for Gateway. However, my son is an Eagle Scout, Cello player, lacrosse player, working on his private pilots, and I know in his essay he wrote about how Boy Scouts changed him, and how he wanted to join the Corps, and serve his country after college. I personally think it was the Eagle Scout that put him over. He was ranked 2Q with a 28 ACT.

@AgMom87 our boys sound similar. I hope they meet up this summer!

Just to chime in for anyone watching for Blinn TEAM, my son was accepted today! Same as the Gateway folks who have posted - AIS major and school changed this morning and got 6 tabs in Howdy, then the offer came in the past hour. Good luck to all!

@DisplacedTexan - Congratulations! He got into Blinn Team? What major did he apply for?

@DisplacedTexan What was your son’s major?

Hi All!

First, congratulations to all students who have been admitted one way or the other, it seems it is very difficult to get admitted.
I am new to the college admission process. My D applied to Texas A&M and I am having a little trouble trying to understand all the posts. Can someone please summarize the admissions process in the portal?

1. The "tabs" will change. Where are the 6 tabs? Can someone please describe them and give more details?
  2. In the Applicant Information System I see "My App is complete and in review" highlighted yellow. Is this what everyone is talking about?

There is also another portal “Howdy” that has 3 tabs, Home, Applicant and My Howdy. What is this portal for? I am assuming this is the one that changes to 6 tabs?

I know there are probably several posts about this, but it is very difficult to follow all the posts.

Also, anyone knows what has been the lowest test score for ACT and SAT?

I appreciate your help!

shouldn’t it be “TAMU class of 2024” stats? Or, “HS class of 2020”?

Congratulations to all that heard of their offers. Gateway sounds awesome!

Congrats!

congrats to everyone receiving offers today! hopefully they’ll start looking at waitlisted people relatively soon.

The 6 tabs are: Home/Applicant/MyRecord/Myfinances/StudentLife/Research/MyHowdy; you will start with the first 3 and then it increases to 6 when accepted

We’re Kiniseolgy as well and got wait listed last week with the first round. Selected Blinn Team and full admit wait list. Since then nothing has changed except the notice we made the selection and neither is guaranteed except pathway
which doesn’t excite her as she really wants to be a port of CS either full admit or Blinn Team.

Thank you! @BlueBayouAZ

My daughter said she had a friend receive a declination letter last week. Not sure if that means all have been sent or not, but they are certainly going out.

@Colhopeful728 @YankeeTexan33 his original #1 choice major was Biology, #2 was History. He got in for History as his A&M major. It also lists General Studies for his Blinn major.

AIS - Yellow Box: My App Is Complete And In Review

Howdy: Applicant tab >> Manage Applications box >>
Application Status: Under Review Level : Undergraduate Major: BIOL Program: BS-BIOL Location: College Station

This all we have seen. I’m starting to worry that my computer isn’t refreshing though we’ve logged out and back in every so often

We’ve checked 3x a day for the past three days because everyone is reporting updates at different times.

I think I need an intervention!

Howdy changed to 6 tabs this a.m. with “In review”
just got the acceptance to Blinn Team! So may want to go and check
yay!

Congrats to everyone who has received Gateway today! My DD is still anxiously waiting to hear back and I was wondering with everyone who got into GW what their stats/majors were?