TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Just a quick random question…
PTA - Liberal Arts Communication…shows that you have to take Foreign Language 1 and Foreign Language 2 …would BEG-SPAN 1411 and SPAN 1412 from Blinn satisfy that? or would my D need to take INT-SPAN 2311 and 2312?

How likely is it that the engineering wave is tomorrow? February 1st?

@AgDad’92 You can use this link to determine what the equivalent class at TAMU would be. https://compassxe-ssb.tamu.edu/HCA/ssb/transferCourseEquivalency/#/

Yes…thank you AggieDreamin.
I’m looking at the requirements now for both PTA and Regular Transfer, and if I’m not mistaken, the Foreign Language requirements are different from the other.

PTA - she would have to take SPAN 201 and 202 (which is intermediate Spanish)
Regular Transfer - she would take SPAN 101 and 102 (which is beginner)

That was the reason i was a little confused. I guess TAMU wants PTA and little more challenging for certain classes.

Can anyone confirm this is correct?

@AgDad’92 If no one has insight you can always call the advisors. I have found the LA advisors helpful in this area. Good Luck!

I think you are correct about PTA being a little more strict. In most cases @AggieMomhelp has talked about favoring a regular transfer, in part because of this.

But PTA is a sure thing - if the requirements are followed. Transfer is subject to holistic review.

Nobody has the answer to this. Things are very different this year.

But the changes to the admission process probably are not impacting engineering as much, because they have been holistic review for several years. Whereas the rest of the University is preparing for what a holistic review of all but the top 10 percent will mean next year.

But I am going to assume that you might see a few full admits to College Station engineering moving forward - but because the academy options are going out now - I don’t think it will be a huge wave.

I think it is going to be mainly academy offers moving forward.

But your stats are really, really good. I’m surprised you have not heard anything yet.

As mentioned a little earlier today…I am fairly confident that there will be a BIG WAVE of decisions sent out tomorrow. I won’t go into a lot of detail of why I believe that, but I do know that TAMU Admissions knows the importance of having all/most decisions sent by 2.8.20 (Aggieland Saturday) and with waves primarily coming out on Tuesday and Fridays, let’s keep our fingers crossed that good things are not that many hours away.

My daughter was wait listed last week (Chemistry). She emailed the admissions counselor asking if waitlisted applicants would here something after May 1 - since that is when everyone has to make a final decision. This was the reply:

The waitlist individuals will be hearing back on a rolling basis as we start gathering more information on available seats. This means you can potentially hear back sooner.

As for Gateway, that will not be an option for waitlist students.

He also said that waitlist is NOT first come, first serve.

When my son was accepted to the school, ais was updated first then Howdy. When he was accepted to major, howdy was updated first then ais. Looks like yours is heading that way.

Thank you! My dad and I both do not know why I haven’t heard anything either.

I guess we shall see I guess. I’ve been telling my dad as a joke that since I haven’t gotten anything along the lines of alternative options or any type of major changes in AIS that I would be accepted lol. I do wonder if there’s some truth to my joke though…(I might be stretching though).

Is Aggieland Saturday the same thing they had back in the fall? Just wondering if I should take my DD there especially if she gets admitted. We wanted to see more dorms( only saw one) and the engineering building.( Did not get to see)We didn’t get to see it as we wanted to drive home with as much daytime light as possible.

I hope so too! I’m just super anxious to get a decision back so I keep asking when it’ll be lol.

This goes along with what the waitlist from 2011 and prior was. Non-ranking, meaning that candidates are reviewed.

Tamu.edu They lost all you can do on Aggieland Saturday. Hope that helps!

All I’m sayin’ is, my favorite number used to be “3”, seriously, now it’s “6”!

Thank you! Yep, looks like we need to go…But need an answer from TAMU first. ?

Honestly, after acceptance, we’ll go for a more focused visit. No need to visit dorms that are already full, and, we’ll schedule visits with Departments that she is “accepted” to. And, another visit to the Dixie Chicken NEVER hurt anyone!

What’re the chances of me getting into the engineering school?
ACT: 27- 23 English- 30 Math- 26 Reading- 28 Science
SAT: 1340- 750 math- 590 Reading and Writing
Class Rank: 26%
GPA: 6.4 out of 6 (weighted)
Extracurricular: Band (4 years), 4 years of engineering classes (includes internship/partnership with NASA along with some state awards through projects)
Date submitted: Oct. 15
40+ college credit hours (AP and DC)

I haven’t heard from them for some reason. Kinda freaking out.

Congrats to all of those who are being accepted. So awesome. Does anyone know when University Honors decisions come out?