TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Im definitely accepting any kind of blinn team or gateway offer if I get one, at this point I just want an answer?

SIS RIGHT Iā€™m sick of waiting I hope they donā€™t PSA me ā€¦ :frowning: Iā€™ll literally do Blinn Team

Is Blinn team for any major? Also if I transferred from Blinn to CS would it be guaranteed that I get my intended major?

Has anyone applied for any majors in education? I applied for technology management and I want to hear back soon!

@PM81 she received the options last week. Now we are waiting AGAIN

@KeetsMom - Would you know how FAFSA and financial aid will work for the Blinn/Bryan Selectionn?

I have been following this for months. From what I have seen, I am under the impression that Biomedical sciences is full. I was worried b/c my daughter had that as her 2nd choice major. She received her first choice major Tuesday. I could be wrong, but from what others have said, BIMS is a very popular major. Best of luck!

@Desperateseni0r There are a couple of different paths you can take for transfer from Blinn. They both have their merits for certain kids. Check out the requirements for each option related to your major. My DD is waiting on her straight transfer decision for Psychology right now. Her roommate is doing PTA for Communications. I would make an appointment with the advisors over there because they are very nice and helpful and can help you decide which path is best for you.

They both love it in Cstat and have confirmed that going straight to Blinn is no big deal at all and no one knows where you take classes. There are even full time TAMU students that take some classes over there just because they want to.
https://admissions.tamu.edu/PTA
http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/apply

So, just an observationā€¦ I am part of the Facebook Corps of Cadets 2024 groupā€¦and there are at least 6 in the group who received Gateway offers. I have read in the past that this is for extreme hardships, first gen, etcā€¦ I wonder if that was not the only criteria this year, considering our own application didnā€™t have any of those. Again, just an observation, who knows? Just wanted to say good luck to everyone still waiting, my fingers are crossed for you.

Engineering review: I just checked my sonā€™s AIS. He got offered Galveston, McAllen or Blinn-Bryan. He will be thrilled! I am in tears I am so excited for him! Am I under the right impression that Blinn-Bryan is the best option since itā€™s so close to A&M and itā€™s a dual enrollment program?

top 25%, 1260 SAT (710 math) 27 ACT

Offered Galveston, Mcallen and Blinn/Bryan. I am inclined to Blinn/Bryan as B+ GPA will earn admission to TAMU. Blinn is 2 year program?

@jmg817 Yes, you are correct! Congratulations!

My son received the engineering offers this morning. I heard they only give out about 600 Blinn/Bryan engineering offers so I was super super excited he was even chosen. He did choose #3ā€¦

Option 1: Engineering at Galveston
Option 2: Engineering at McAllen
Option 3: Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan

Where are the offers being seen? Howdy or AIS ?

AIS has the boxes for you to choose.
Howdy will not have any changes, so go to AIS

Can anyone explain the cost benefits of the Engineering Academy at Blinn? I keep reading that there are some, but I would like some actual numbers to look at. Thank you!

If offered Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan and one accepts right away (as I have) is the offer first-come, first accepted? Or is it a waiting for admissions acceptanceā€¦ two gates, like at Cstat?

@Colhopeful728 I am not really sure about financial aid. Hopefully someone here can chime in on that. I do remember his tab this semester for the two Blinn classes was $1300 and some change.

@Colhopeful728 . This is taken directly from TAMU website. I reckon the Engineering Academy page is taking a hit right now so sometimes ā€˜404ā€™ is coming up when you select an info link. Just keep checking in on this resource page.

Students in the Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan (TEAB) seeking to apply for financial aid will submit their FAFSA to Texas A&M University and apply for financial aid with Texas A&M University as their home institution. Specific information is available on the Texas A&M Financial Aid website for undergraduate students. As per the Engineering Academy agreement, the combined credit hours from both Blinn College and Texas A&M University will be used to assess enrollment status required for financial aid. Students in the TEAB program can apply for freshman and continuing student scholarships through Texas A&M University following all scholarship requirements and deadlines. Specific information and application deadlines are available on the Texas A&M University Scholarships website.

Tuition and fees associated with the Engineering Academy program are handled separately by Blinn College-Bryan and Texas A&M University. Engineering students in the Engineering Academy program are billed by each institution based on the number of credit hours taken, respectively. Additional information on tuition/fees for Texas A&M University can be found using the Student Business Services tuition estimator. Information on tuition/fees for Blinn College can be found in the college catalog.

Students electing to use the Texas Tomorrow Fund are encouraged to contact Texas A&M Student Business Services and the Business Office at Blinn College.

Blinn-Bryan
Benefits
Terms and Conditions
Financial Aid, Fees and Deadlines
Securing Your Admission
Pre-Enrollment Checklists
Enrollment Resources
Blinn-Bryan Contact
Engineering Academies

@Scotsfi - Thank you so much!