TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Does anyone have an idea what will happen to waitlisted applicants ?? Will we all get PSA’d???

So I guess College Station is full for Engineering if they are offering Galveston, Mcallen and Blinn/Bryan. I am wondering if I should call admissions and ask if there is still a chance for College Station…

Nothing for my daughter either! Anyone here applying to the Biomedical Sciences program too?

@Colhopeful728 Even if there are still full spots open in Cstat, if you received an Academy offer then that is their decision and will not be moved to Full Admit if you wait so please do not wait for something better or you will lose out and options will fill up. Those offers are not like waitlist. Even if it isn’t exactly what you wanted it is a GREAT offer! They just simply run out of space in Cstat and have these programs to help them overflow to be able to offer more student spots.

guess engineering is full…got offered alternative pathways and probably gonna take academy.

but fr it feels good to FINALLY have some closure.

if i take academy for a year (and maintain a 3.5 gpa), do i get auto admission into CS my sophmore year?

and if i take academy, im automatically a CStat student my sophmore year, correct?

I am! I haven’t heard anything either, hopefully we’ll hear something soon

No change here either. College of Ag - genetics.

I do not see the point. A decision has been made in regards to the application. Blinn-Bryan is College Station. The students can live on the TAMU campus and do just about everything but NCAA athletics.

From the TAMU website:
https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/academies/blinn-bryan/index.html
Students enrolled in the Texas A&M Engineering Academy program are Texas A&M University College of Engineering students. As an engineering student in the Engineering Academy program, students are co-enrolled in the College of Engineering at Texas A&M University and Blinn College-Bryan. All Blinn College courses will be held in Bryan on the RELLIS campus.

Engineering students enrolled in the Academy at Blinn-Bryan are selected from the freshman applicant pool by the Office of Admissions at Texas A&M University. Engineering students in this program have the ability to remain co-enrolled for two years, taking their Texas A&M engineering courses on the Texas A&M campus and their math and science courses on the Blinn College-RELLIS campus in Bryan. This co-enrollment model allows Texas A&M to offer admission to more qualified freshman applicants. Students are eligible to participate in all student services, activities and organizations at both institutions, though participation in NCAA Division I sports is not allowed. Further, engineering students in this program will apply for entry to a major as early as the end of the first year, having completed the required courses. Visit the benefits page to learn more about the opportunities for engineering students in the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn College-Bryan.

My daughter applied for Biomedical Science. Was offered waitlist and Blinn team. Still waiting to hear on the final decision. This is painful for all of us.

If you want to know how Blinn-Bryan works - read this. https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/academies/blinn-bryan/terms-and-conditions.html

Got an offer of Galveston, McAllen or Blinn/Bryan this morning. Accepted the TeamB- Blinn right away. Corps at Cstat here I come!
Had pretty much given up by this time. Super excited.

@Ohthewait Sounds like you are in either way even it is Blinn Team which is still amazing! Last year we didn’t see a single review admit on this forum for BIMS get anything other than PSA. Congratulations!

@Ohthewait When did you hear back?

Congrats - with you stats I’m still a little surprised you did not get regular College Station. But you should not have any issue following the academy structure to get into your first choice major sophomore year.

Is there a chance they’ll be releasing more decisions throughout the day? My AIS still hasn’t changed for Allied Health

@Colhopeful728; There’s another thread/header on this forum called ‘Engineering Program Question’ …someone started it last night with the same questions/concerns as you have this morning. I’d recommend you check it out as there’s a comment or 2 from a parent, @KeetsMom, whose DS is currently an Engineering Academy Blinn-Bryan student. I’m sure she’d be willing to answer any further questions you may have.

@Ohthewait same here. Son offered waitlist or BlinnTEAM on 1/23 for Construction Science. He chose both options. Super anxious to hear back!
@AggieDreamin …hope you’re right! ??

I got waitlisted for allied health last week ! :frowning: good luck to you

I’m so sad mann. I need to hear back from Waitlist Admit or Blinn admit I just wanna make a decision