TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Oh really? Ooops.

Oh yay
 I did find it. There are all female and all male dorms. I totally thought they did away with that a few years ago.

Google TAMU dorms and it’ll list everything out.

There are several female only dorms. If anyone needs to find out more about dorms and costs, here is the website with a lot of information. My daughter lived in Underwood last year and it’s all female.
https://reslife.tamu.edu/

Good luck tomorrow morning to those, like us, who are still waiting on some sort of response
 praying tomorrow is OUR day for GOOD news!

AMEN!!! @Hope2Baggie

YES! Fingers crossed for anyone still waiting

Quick question. Outside of the engineering folks, has anyone who got wait-listed a couple of weeks ago gotten an actual decision?

@anxiousaggie73 i don’t think anyone has

thank you @mantasaur

Did anyone who selected one of the Engineering Academy see changes on their Portal yet? We are still the same, we are “in consideration”-- do we have to wait until tomorrow?

Ok
 so I just hung up with a student admissions person and she told me that those students who were offered an alternative route to Engineering on last Friday, will NOT hear back until mid March!!! I am dumb founded to say the least!!! She told me that those students were being “considered” for those options, not being offered admission yet.

Maybe someone else can call as well and see if you can get an adult on the phone but I’m just livid right now at TAMU!!!

@YankeeTexan33 oh my goodness
 this is AWFUL. We can’t move forward with dorms, etc until mid-March??? And then could end up still rejected???

So I wanted to add another degree choice as a follow up, and I can’t seem to figure out how to request a change of major? I tried in AIS and it just says to go to Howdy, but there is only a ‘withdraw application’ button there
anyone know how to add a degree choice if not accepted yet? Or do i have to wait?

My son’s friend got the 3 offers last Thursday, and he chose the blinn engineer academy. His AIS updated last Friday morning, he got in blinn. @YankeeTexan33

I just called our local A&M Admissions office. Thy basically confirmed that A&M is doing things differently this year. The students who were offered the 3 options for Engineering on last Friday, are basically on a wait list! They can’t give anyone a time line right now. I definitely explained to them that they were not clear to anyone that this was a type of wait list and it lead a lot of students into thinking they had been accepted. I personally told my daughter she had been accepted and now I have to go home and explain to her that she wasn’t! I am so disappointed in TAMU right now. They should have communicated their intentions better in the AIS portal. Of course parents are going to assume that they are doing things the way they did in the past, UNLESS the school speaks up about it. And TAMU didn’t speak up and thoroughly explain the difference in their admissions process.

As early as last week, they basically offered some people the choices and once they accepted, they were in. Then they turn around 1 week later and offer people the same choices, and now tell them that it’s a wait list!!! What are they thinking!?

I encourage anyone who got the offers last Friday to call your local admissions office and express your concerns. The local office said that I was certainly not the first parent they had heard from about this matter. They were going to make sure that the main admissions office heard about the parents’ concerns regarding this new way of doing things. I also made it a point to tell them that these students are the same kids that were promised decisions by mid December for Engineering Early Action. They were pushed out till January, and now they’re pushing them out again! I am beyond frustrated right now!

So these two differing situations sound like Thursday and Friday were two different batches of applicants. From what it sounds like (and this is purely speculative, I could be 100% wrong), the applicants notified on Friday potentially were determined as a different caliber than the students on Thursday? That would be the only classification that would justify an additional review, in my opinion.

But again, I’m another applicant so this is just speculative. Hopefully we don’t have to go through an intense review!

Honestly, as an applicant, I am deeply offended. The fact that A&M has been playing these games for MONTHS now with not only me but many others only speaks to how unprofessional the admissions people are being. They know that we as applicants and parents expect things to be done this year the same way as they were in years past as we should, because none of us were told otherwise until now.
I was already unsure of attending A&M due to being offered academy because I specifically checked the box on my application stating that I want a full offer or a rejection-no other “pathways”. Now apparently that just means I’m waitlisted?
I’ve become very disillusioned with A&M.

@TC12Racer Yes, it appears you could be right. I totally understand if they were dealing with two different groups of students, but at least be 100% transparent about your offer, and let those students know that their acceptance of a particular option of admission is NOT a definite admission, and could possibly take another month and a half for them to be notified. I just don’t see that being fair to the students who were promised an “early action” decision mid December if they had their applications complete by October 15th.

WHAT??? So it was a wait-list? But, the people that got it Thursday were not mostly Engineering though? I am so confused! I thought Engineering was a bit different?
What in the world is going on?
Every time, I call the adviser it seems like I get a student helper and they really don’t know much and won’t transfer me to anyone who would know more. All I get is a “hold on” then an action that doesn’t help with anything at all, but make us wait.

I am disappointed as well. I thought my daughter got in, now I have to tell her that she didn’t get in quite yet and she got wait-listed.

But, why did they actually give wait-listed people actual wait-list???

I was wondering how did that work, since the kids got wait-listed for full admission, but then they turn around in 1 day to give out Engineering academy.
Wouldn’t it be those that are in Engineering Academy should be going for Full if they have spaces on the wait-list for full admit.

Anyways
yes, frustrated that it was unclear and frustrated that we thought we were in for sure and now we are not.

Welcome to the real world of “we don’t need you - we have thousands that want to go here if you go elsewhere!” Sadly, TAMU can do whatever they want to do and will still have students lining up out the door. Something to keep in mind when thinking ahead as to how the school admins work with students if an issue arises. Plan B, C and D is always a smart idea - lots of great schools! I for one will not put all my eggs in this basket regardless of how wonderful the experience and reputation is.