TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

The thread from 2022 had a response from someone that called admissions and was told “the button going away does not 100% mean PSA, but an answer will come very soon”

@aggiehopeful1023 my guess is that if your change of major button has been removed that you are most likely looking at a Blinn Team offer. The engineering offers for non CS went out last week. My youngest son is a long shot to get in and we are already planning on him going to Tarleton as a PSA offer. His change of major button is still present. Again, this is just a guess based upon my previous experience with my oldest son 2 years ago and knowing that it would take a miracle for my #2 son to get in.

In past years - the change of major button came 72 hours or less before the PSA notification.

Historically the only outcome reported on this board once the change of major button disappears is PSA (or denial - but we have not seen a regular poster report a denial, because they are almost exclusively incomplete applications, and people who didn’t complete an application are probably not hanging out on a TAMU thread).

Blinn TEAM is a co-enrollment program and the change of major button has not gone away in the past. There have already been some Blinn TEAM offers this year, and their change of major button was not reported removed. They did report that their major changed to TEAM.

@trinley So what you’re saying is that your son was offered PSA but his “change major” tab was still present in his Howdy Portal?

Well, at least I can start looking at my other choices…

@YankeeTexan33 looks like whoever you called and spoke to had NO idea what they were talking about lol, panicked, and told you some bs about a waitlist. Must’ve gotten it mixed up with the recent wait list wave they did.

[/quote]

I really hope that the student I spoke to didn’t know what she was talking about, but when I followed up with a call to our local Houston office, he seemed very knowledgeable and was aware of what was going on, and he basically said that admissions did NOT have a time line for those that were offered the alternative options last Friday. I guess we’ll see…fingers crossed.

don’t admit defeat just yet y’all! tamu has been doing this wonky this time around- who knows what will happen. keep your hopes up!

I am just going off memory but now that you mention it I do recall people reporting TEAM as their major. Just sharing some logic as there is no way my younger son is getting in and nothing has changed for him. I am fully aware that Blinn team is co-enrolled. My son just completed the engineering academy. Good to know we have folks on the board keeping it all straight

Nobody is sure of anything here. Please, I understand, it’s very frustrating process, just please, try not to panic and jump into some wrong conclusions. I strongly believe that you’ll all find out really soon what’s going on. I strongly believe that if A&M considered you all for these 3 options you’ll get one of these options. It’s extremely hard to wait, I can’t imagine, but it will be over soon.

@2NDGENAGGIE No, that is not what I stated. We fully anticipate my son getting the PSA offer and his change of major button has not changed as of this evening. He had a rough soph year And the hole was just too deep. We have been planning for PSA for over a year. But that in and of itself doesn’t mean anything. Just reporting our experience. No clairvoyance here

I remember Blinn /TEAM offers Major’s changing to : General

but mid march? it just doesn’t seem reasonable. i would understand of it would take some extra days (2-3), but another month and a half? just doesn’t make sense.

@AggieMomhelp what do you have to say about this?

I just looked back on last year’s class of 2023 thread - where my daughter and a wave of others got PSA. This was not the final group. But it was a large PSA wave at the beginning of March.

Folks noticed the change of major button disappearing in HOWDY around 5pm on March 1, 2019. And the actual PSA notifications went out around 5pm on March 4, 2019.

Everyone who reported the change of major button disappearing in that wave reported getting PSA.

But what is interesting is that other PSA notifications took 24 hours. Last year if your HOWDY change major button disappeared on M-Thursday - you got the PSA notification the following day (24 hours). But when the HOWDY change of major button disappeared on a Friday you got the notification on the following Monday.

There is no rhyme or reason that I or others have been able to find in the order of PSA and why they are not all given out at once, particularly since they say you are not admitted by major.

Last year - the March PSAs seemed to be grouped by Major. Which could have been some sort of internal sorting test for bringing back the waitlist. I’m a firm believer that they did not just up and bring back the waitlist - there had to be some sort of internal testing last year of how they wanted to handle things in advance of removal of academic admits.

But it made no sense that my daughter got PSA the first week of March. But all the BIMS majors, including @JaceyK 's son had to wait a couple more weeks.

We did not see any other decisions besides PSA during that time frame.

Part of that could be there were a hundred or so decisions other than PSA that went out during those two weeks - but nobody involved was on this forum.

But it just seemed odd that they held on to applicants only to issue PSA.

my change of major button is still the same… its is still there does anyone know what that means?

I guess the better question is who’s “change major” button is still there in Howdy (not AIS)? Those of us who have seen the change it’s only reflected under “Manage Applications” in Howdy. AIS is still the same.

it means nothing has changed in your situation thus far

been waitlisted since 1/24 and havent seen any changes at all. (probably wont for a long while, but just posting for an update). hopefully tomorrow will bring some much needed answers and possibly a wave of admissions for non waitlisted people

So the change major button doesn’t disappear for those offered TEAM or a full admit offer? Historically?