TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

So true … I remembered partying Friday night until 3AM and then woke up at 7 & took the SAT. Bombed it and somehow still got into UT … LOL … All my college buddies agreed that none of us would have gotten into UT or A&M now with our stats back then…

The kids nowadays have to study longer hours, take tougher courses, do more activities, and work harder than all of us ever did. So be proud of your kids and give them a pad on the back now and then …

Hello everyone! I am a senior in high school who has been waiting a very long time to find out whether or not I got into Engineering. Yesterday, my AIS finally updated and it turns out I have the option to go to the Galveston or Mc Allen campus and study engineering, or pick a new major and enroll into College Station. I am leaning more towards going to Galveston, but I am conflicted. I do not know if going to the Galveston campus and then transferring into College Station is worth it. I also don’t know anyone else who is attending the school, so I am scared of being alone and not having any friends while I’m there. Is there anyone else who has been through the process of attending Galveston and then transferring into CS? How was your experience and do you think the classes were very rigorous? I am a first generation college student so this is all a very confusing process for me. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Imo, unless your student has a stellar record or application has been significantly improved since last time, looking into appealing in any sort is really a waste of time and may cause more anger/disappointment. There is always someone that is “less qualified” that got in. It’s more less like applying for a job. An applicant may feel s/he is a qualified applicant. However, it is really up to the employer to make the call because they know what they need. It may be a hard pill to swallow. But it is what it is. If someone is in the gray zone, it is really nothing one can do. They reviewed and decided to value others over you. You can either swallow now and let other “food” come through or you just make the swallowing process more painful and lingering.

@allymarie0815 hey I applied to engineering too for early action but still haven’t gotten anything from TAMU. When did you apply?

@somehighschoolgirl I applied a week after the early action deadline

@icedmachiato I had to go back and re-read what I wrote - I didn’t compare my son with admitted students. Our inquiry has nothing to do with comparing with other admitted students. It is all about learning from the application process so that my youngest doesn’t make the same mistake. We just want to know what is in his file so that we (and maybe others) can learn from it and move on. That is all.

@allymarie0815 thats good that you got an update! I’m still being “considered” for the engineering academy but my ais hasn’t updated my major. I think Galveston is really good and that you could transfer having the skills you need for your year at CS!

@AggieMOStudent24 I emailed the engineering admissions team and asked them about my status. After I got a response, my application updated. Maybe you could email them and ask as well?

Just sharing for those keeping track of where everyone is at: My son is an OOS non-engineering review candidate (SAT not quite at auto admit level). He was offered Waitlist, TEAM or both. Responded with both at end of Jan. Absolutely nothing has changed in AIS or Howdy for him since then.

@allymarie0815 Does it say you’re still being considered or is it an acceptance? Did you decline an option for The Engineering Academy?

@aschultz same here. but i dont expect to hear anything for a long while

@“Anhphung1%” It says they could not offer me a spot in college station engineering but I have those other options

@allymarie0815 My son was offered Engineering Galveston 2 yrs ago but he opted for UTD. Our impressions during preview day was a very positive one. You can look at my replies back in March 2018 and see. Remember that Engineering Galveston is a full admit to TAMU.

Depending on where you live/want to live, there are other options you can look into as well. @trinley discussed in-depth about the Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham (different from Blinn-Bryan). I like the facts that all engineering students live together in a residential hall in a living-learning community and go to classes together. And for this program, you apply directly to the school.

https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/academies/blinn-brenham/index.html

If you preferred to live somewhat close to College Station, Brenham might be better than Galveston - especially if you never live down in that area. Good luck …

@allymarie0815 Did you get your six tabs in Howdy? Congrats if you did.

@Kjohnson01 Did your son get full admission in College Station? Also do you mind me asking what is major was?

@allymarie0815 Yeah, I’ll definitely try emailing them!

@maddiegurley yes full admission to College Station, his major changed this morning from Computer Science to General Engineering.

@Kjohnson01 That’s so awesome!! I’m glad you guys got the response you were looking for!

@allymarie0815 What email address did you email?

@allymarie0815 who did you email by chance?