TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Omg I just got a congrats message!

me too!

Iā€™m wondering how TAMU determines they now have space at Rellis? Is it people contacting TAMU to withdraw their app because NSC registration isnā€™t required until May 1st right? Or are we all in for a very interesting registration process?

Just got congrats message on AIS for Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan!!!
Waitlisted on 01/31/20.
Good luck to all of you Engineering applicants!!!

If youā€™re still being directed back to the Duo Authentication page, then youā€™ll need to update your Authentication code. It does that to everyone from time to time.

Congrats!!! We did too! Whoop!!!

Congratulations to all the people getting six tabs/ Blinn TEAM acceptance. Very excited that your wait is finally over!

Thanks! I actually just signed up for it this morning when I was trying to view the financial aid offers mentioned in the email I had this morning. I did try backing out and starting over numerous times. I also contacted the financial aid office. Now for more waitingā€¦ Also still waiting to be able to register for housing. ugh.

Whoop to all of you. Love coming on this thread after being off of it for a few hours and seeing all of the acceptances! Go Team (literally).

Happy and excited for all of you. NOWā€¦ donā€™t stress about the rest. Housing, NSC, registering, etc Itā€™s a process and will work itself out. So just do the required steps and know that!!!

Non-Engineering major. We havenā€™t been PSAā€™d but still no Blinn offer. Change major button is still available. Are Blinn offers still trickling in or is this a sign that we are now strictly waitlist?

Can anyone give insight as to the chances of going from TEAB to the Computer Science major, assuming requirements are met? Would that require a 3.5 for auto-admit, typically, or is it typically lower (because it is not as sought after as some of the engineering majors)? Also, could coming from TEAB impact the chance to obtain a Visualization minor? Visualization was his first choice, but that major is not an option for him. I think that he could have a similar careers path with he CS Major/Viz Minor. However, it appears that he would need to apply to the minor before 70 hours. He will ask the advisors these questions. However, I was hoping to have some outside insight, if available. Thank you.

@jfhspc - my daughter is in the same boat. No change to anything. She has been corresponding with the admissions adviser. They told her that offers will still be rolling out for TEAM and A&M. It could be as late as April. It all depends on if slots become available.

I knew that the waitlist may be up until late April. I was thinking (or maybe just hoping) TEAM would be sooner though. Thanks for the reply. Getting to the point that we canā€™t wait much longer or weā€™ll lose housing opportunities for our backup plans. Ugh. The stress.

Do the Blinn-Bryan Engineering offers truly remain available until May 1st? Can a student delay a week or two to have time to decide between schools or will Blinn-Bryan fill up?

Son got change of major to TEAM on manage applications Tuesday 2/18 afternoon/evening. 6 tabs showed up yesterday morning around 7:30 am. Major has changed to TEAM on AISā€¦but still no CONGRATS!!! Still says he is on waitlist & being considered for TEAM.
We are dying to share the news with him but are waiting for this update (still worried this may somehow fall through I guess) We need the proof!
How much longer?

@anxiousdad2020 From what Iā€™ve heard, computer science was the hardest major to get into recently. I think in the last round, you pretty much had to have auto admit to get in. I know the year before that it was Mechanical. I would just go on the assumption you will need a 3.5 and it will be a happy surprise if not. Iā€™m not sure about the rest though.

@Carcode2001 my daughter was offered PSA on Saturday. She wants to do business as well. What path are you all deciding? I am look into PTA now and doing straight Blinn. Thoughts?

@jfhspc If you were offered waitlist, for TAMU or any other school for that matter, please donā€™t wait on them. Have your student, full steam ahead, pursue the other opportunities that they have with schools that theyā€™d be happy to attend. Donā€™t miss out on orientation, housing, scholarships, or any other deadlines for viable options. You may, very well, get a TEAM offer (I hope so), but donā€™t let TAMU or any other school make your student miss other wonderful opportunities while you wait on a final decision from them.

@Aggiiemom We are engineering and received 6 tabs and the AIS major change on Tuesday. Still no congrats. Also canā€™t get into housing (some have been able to complete PHase 1 for housing before the congrat/letter) but Iā€™ve already received financial aid info and Iā€™ve been able to accept awards there. So who knows at this point.

We were one of those that also got the engineering 6 tabs on Tuesday as well and had the congrats message in AIS yesterday around noon. If I were you, Iā€™d call admissions and see what they say. I know that they may be programmed to tell you the ā€œrehearsed responseā€ of ā€œyouā€™re not fully admitted until you get the congratsā€ but Iā€™d have them look up your childā€™s UIN and see if it should have switched over to a congrats in their AIS. Otherwise, you might go through the entire weekend without knowing. Itā€™s worth asking in my opinion. Good luck!