TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Can someone go over Pros and Cons of doing the Blinn Team? I really would love to go to A&M and this seems like a good way to go. Any insight ?? Isn’t it cheaper as well?

Can anyone speak about which of the BYOD choices is the best or most reliable or most liked by engineering students? The TAMU BYOD website offers HP, Microsoft, Lenovo, and Dell PC’s. Is there any specific one the professors or students prefer over the others?

@YankeeTexan33 This question is asked alot on the fb aggie engineering group and there never seems to be a consensus. One comment that is continually made is that the student should get what they are using and happy with now.

But will the offer disappear before May 1st – will he risk Blinn-Bryan Engineering filling up? Does the offer stand until that date so he can consider other options? (He won’t wait that long, but does he have a couple of weeks?)

@YankeeTexan33 we have an Aggie with the Lenovo,. It is quite large, but has worked well. My older Aggie has seen the most issues with friends that have Dell. The Apple really can’t handle all the engineering software. For Us it would be between the Lenovo and HP, although our next Aggie is getting the Lenovo. I would wait to purchase until the new models come out around May. 4-5 years is a longtime for a computer to last, so its best to have the latest version. I did notice some sales on Lenovo’s website for the P53 if someone’s budget is tight. A&M’s retail partners offer an education discount, but sometimes the sales around memorial are better.

On February 10th, I got an email from HCC that I was identified as a candidate for the Texas A&M Chevron Engineering Academy at HCC!. They sent me the link to apply to TAMU and now it’s on my AIS and Howdy Portal. Now just waiting until June 30th.

I applied Mid- January for those who may be wondering.

Congratulations, @somehighschoolgirl! You can do this. Prepare for diligent work next year and ask for assistance whenever needed. Don’t be shy.

I don’t understand. Why are you waiting until June 30th? Is that when they’ve said they will let you know whether you’ve been accepted?

This is one of my last options since I still have a bit of hope of being accepted to Tamu… They said that I would know before or on June 30th.

Thank you so much!

I see. The application deadline for our local academy and Blinn-Brenham is June 30th, but I had heard that decisions would be out earlier – at least at Brenham. (They may be different because of the housing.)

I think the academies are a great option and I wish you the best in finding a path to A&M.

Thank you, @somehighschoolgirl!

No problem! Happy to answer any questions regarding the application process!

Thanks for the info! I really hope we have a decision before June 30. What are we supposed to do with literally weeks until fall semesters start? Im freaking out.

Same here! I’m just hoping for the best option at this point. This is just in case TAMU comes through for me in time.

OK guys, any other 1/31 Engineering option people still waiting for the congrats message and housing application to open up?

Last Tuesday we got the 6 tabs and change of major in Howdy/AIS. I was also able to accept my son’s financial aid offers. But still no congrats. He doesn’t want to reach out the admissions and “bother” them and he has handled eveything so far. If I don’t hear anything by mid-week I may need to send an email on his behalf.

I’m beginning to think that maybe the 6 tabs do not mean what we think they mean.

Did the listed major change?

This sounds very odd. The 6 tab change in howdy has universally proceeded a change in AIS and the acceptance message.

Yes, the major changed from “Computer Engineering” to “Engineering Academy at Blinn.” This change occurred both in Howdy and AIS. The change major button in still available in Howdy.

So odd. He applied on July 18 and this might be the worst week of waiting yet. It feels so close and yet so far. We just want to be able to proceed with roomates/other offers, etc.

He’s definitely in @hmporter64

But a call or email stating the change of major to Engineering at Blinn. Play dumb… lol and ask what that means. But I promise you, he is in.

I might have to go behind his back and send an email… what email address would one use for this? Or should I send a question through AIS?