TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Hi everyone! I was admitted into the university last week and fully intend to accept! However, to do so, I must sign up for a New Student Conference. I am under engineering review, and the website says I can only sign up for an NSC after they have made their decision. That’s all well and good, except for my phase II for housing is in early October (the first day of phase II), and the decision will be made by mid-December. I’m stressed that I won’t be able to continue the housing process if I haven’t accepted my admission. Could somebody please explain to me what phase II exactly is (and if I’m in a predicament)? Thanks.

For admissions consideration, is taking a higher level Math in HS important for NON-Math/Science/Engineering majors as well? DD took AP Stats instead of PreCalculus or Calculus. The Math department at our HS is not strong. She knew who the teacher would be and that it would not be a good learning experience at all. She plans to major in Business or Econ.

You will not be hindered in completing phase 2. Totally different than accepting your admission. You’ve already paid the deposit. It’s now a matter of making selection preferences.

My son got his acceptance letter in the mail today, whoop! He is engineering review, but I found it interesting that they said he would be offered one of the following enrollment options…CS, Galveston, McAllen, or Blinn. So it’s exciting to know he is in engineering, now the wait to see which campus is offered…(McAllen is so far away, but I have heard great things about all options!). I’m curious about other engineering letters…

[QUOTE=""]
IMO it rewards those students that are better test takers but didn't give it their all in class, over those students that gave it their all in class>>>

[/QUOTE]

Eng is going to be packed with tests, quizzes and pressure, pre ETAM Eng core classes will offer little in the way of giving anything much in class, it is all about self directed, self motivated, self teaching sweat and doing well in tests.

@“agmom?” My daughter’s packet says the same—that she will get one of the four campus engineering offers, same four you listed. She is just inside top 6%. My husband & I both hold Aggie engineering degrees. Unfortunately, the massive size of the engineering department at A&M seems to be a turn-off for my daughter. We have a freshman bio major at that other school in Austin this year. :wink:

@S18D20mom ap stat is great. No worries with business or Econ.

My daughter’s application status updated this evening to show she has been admitted!

When did you apply: Final Documents Received 8/8/19
Class Rank: Top 25%
SAT (with Sub Scores)
ACT (with Sub Scores) 34 Composite, 36 Reading, 35 English, 34 Science, 33 Stem, 32 Math
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/26/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Psychology / Liberal Arts

@Sybylla I totally get what you’re saying about the tough class schedule for engineers. My daughter didn’t get to top 11% if she couldn’t test well in school. I’m just glad to hear the academic admit rule will no longer be used after this year. My daughter is a real go-getter and great at balancing a full AP class schedule and dancing competitively 48 weeks out of the year at about 20 hours a week. Not too many other sports in HS train that many weeks of the year. Hope the admissions team sees that in her resume.

How are her AP scores, if her SAT is low but she has high AP scores, did she submit all those scores?

Are they looking at AP scores? I was told they were not considered in the admission process.

If one was to believe holistic admissions was a thing, official high AP scores in solid core classes of math and science could only help, no? The only reason for not reporting is scores that don’t help your application in any way.

Last year - at a regional application workshop in August- we were specifically told not to waste the $$$ sending them in until you were admitted, because they were not considered as part of the application process.

We were just there for the weekend and admissions told me 2-3 weeks was the current timeframe.

2-3 weeks is the current timeframe for what?

When did you apply: July 1
Class Rank: top 40% GPA 3.8
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1310 Math 610 Reading and Writing 700

ACT (with Sub Scores) 30 English 32 Math 25 Reading 34 Science 28 Writing 7 ELA 29 STEM 27

When did you receive your admission decision: Still Waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Animal Science

Just try to figure out what her chances are. She has a lot of extracurriculars (4 years Orchestra, National Honors Society, FFA Vice President, And a lot of volunteer hours as well as a part time job)

She also will have about 27 college credits by graduation.

We applied on July 1 and all paper work was in a few weeks later.

With last years stats, I’ll tell you her chances for full admissions is about 10%. Her rank will hurt her but test score look good. What’s her gpa in just her dual credit?

Not sure. I know in all her dual credit she got straight A’s

Son checked Howdy this weekend and got the 6 tabs folks have mentioned. He is a Holistic Review applicant (not engineering) and applied to both Galveston and College Station. Main Campus and the Corps of Cadets is where his heart is. I’m assuming we will hear from Galveston first. Saying our prayers.

@lrbrooks under the manage applications tab in Howdy, it will show you which campus he’s been accepted into.