TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@cz20212327 congrats, that’s awesome. I wouldn’t say education is easier as they are accepted first and then placed in their major if still open. I do think applying early helps. My son, class of 2022 was top 14% and 28 act for mays. Got accepted in the December round but mays was full. He ended up in Econ. He too applied July 1st.

@AggieMomhelp can you explain what you mean by “december round”?

@aggiegirl96 My daughter never received an admission email. She received her snail mail with the acceptance letter and Aggie banner sign about 2 weeks after her AIS acceptance.

Good to know. Thank you and congrats to your daughter!

@mooom He is going to Texas A&M Corpus Christi as a Biochemistry major since Biochemistry is a PSA major.

@AggieMomhelp To clarify, they can still get PSA even if not available in their major. Case in point, my son applied to TAMU as a BIMS major with 2nd choice as Public Health - neither are offered as PSA major but that is what they offered to him in March.

@aggiegirl96 It took about a week for the letter to come in the mail and just about that long for the email as well.

In ais under my communication/my letter, if it shows email attached they will email. If it shows home address you will get a letter with banner in the mail. Engineering acceptance only sent out emails (at least in our case).

@kreed23 my son, who is a junior right now is exactly the same! TAMU is his goal and top choice, but like your daughter, he has terrible text taking anxiety!. He wants to major (or a combination of any of these for major/minor) in either Communications or Economics and is also considering Urban Planning in the College of Architecture His class rank is hovering around the 15%, he’s got around a 4.1 weighted GPA/3.6’ish unweighted…will graduate with 7 AP classes and 5 Dual Credit classes…but his fist SAT score (the Nov 2 test) came back at 1120. He’s taking it again in March and is ramping up the prep and studying in earnest to try to crack 1300…I’m anxiously watching this year’s thread to see if it gives us any inclination for Class of 2025!!

As of right now with his grades/class rank/test score he’d have auto acceptance to Texas State, UTSA, Tech etc but A&M is where his heart is…we’d be ridiculously excited for Blinn Team as well!

Best of luck to your daughter, she sounds amazing and I’m sure she’ll flourish wherever she lands.

He was a review candidate and received admits to University and Engineering at the same time, so I’m hoping he will get the snail mail banner at least. Thanks for responding! :slight_smile:

My son is a review candidate (just short on test scores, but top 4% in his oos class). His college of science app was submitted 8/11 and “in review” for a long time now. Out of the blue today, he received a 12th man towel in snail mail from TAMU. Nothing has changed on howdy or ais. Could this package mean anything or is it just random marketing material?

@aschultz that is a new one. I would think it would be marketing, since most get a banner and a “whoop” letter. DId you check under manage applications in howdy?

Hi everyone!
I just recently applied and I will be a holistic review applicant and I have a question. When I graduate Highschool, I will have 50 college credit hours complete. I don’t think that I have a huge change of being denied but being a review applicant, I know my chances are slim for full admission into A&M but if I have that much credit hours, would that totally make me ineligible for TEAM or other types of admission? What would be my other options?
Thank you in advance!

@gigem88 Hi! I’m sort of in the same boat as you, I will have 60 hours when I graduate. As I understand it, yes, you cannot be accepted through TEAM/other forms at A&M. I could be wrong, but that is what I have heard on here.

Thank you! Hoping to get into the college of Liberal Arts!
Are you still waiting on a decision?

@gigem88 yep, still waiting. I’m college of liberal arts too, poli sci Major!

@Gigem88 what are your stats?

@AggieMomhelp
SAT- 1190 (I have test anxiety. I did retake so, will hopefully be higher than this)
GPA- 4.3/5
Rank- top 25%
My college GPA is a 3.9 with 33 credits
Have taken several AP classes, but mostly dual credit
Extra curriculars- NHS, Student council, Cheerleading, Track & field (captain) and Theatre all 4 years of High School
Lots of volunteer hours
I have had a part time job all throughout High School
I’m also in Phi Thetta Kappa Honor Society (for my 2 year college)
I’ll have 2 letters of rec

@laurarwrites
Oh wow, me too! Love that Poli Sci :slight_smile:
I’m assuming you’re under holistic review as well?

@gigem88 yep, holistic. I’m one point off though (got a 26 on the math ACT instead of a 27). I applied as soon as the application opened up. Crossing my fingers I get in lol. It’s cool you’re in PTK too! I’m an officer at my college’s PTK chapter.

@GIGem88 & @laurarwrites I think TAMU will look favorably at both of your apps. Showing strong DC grades will go a long way and you are correct that you cannot get TEAM or any other pathway offer, only full admit. The 1190 is low for SAT but you have the rest of the stuff going for you. @laura… I think you’ll hear pretty quickly.

Please keep us posted. Rooting for you both.