TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Oh yes! His SRAR was completed in early August. He was Academic Admit back in September. It was engineering review we have been waiting on.

I am so angry with TAMU. I applied early action so I could receive some EARLY ACTION from these clearly idiotic members of the admissions board. What are they doing during their working hours? Throwing darts? Practicing paper mùché?
I have received a great scholarship from Texas State (honors scholar) and I was admitted to SHSU with a full acceptance package in my mailbox within like 5 days of my application. I cannot believe this unprofessionalism. They should be embarrassed. I expected much more out of TAMU.

I would LOVE to get some sort of roll call to see how many Auto/Academic admit kids we still have that are awaiting engineering review still as of now. Judging by the lack of ACCEPTED postings I have to assume there are a LOT!
Can we get a check in with:
Date of application
Date of initial acceptance notification
SAT/ACT score
Academic or Auto
First choice is engineering - Yes

in Howdy it says “WHOOP! You have been ADMITTED Level : Undergraduate Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-EL Location: College Station”, but in AIS it says under review for engineering still; does this mean I am in?

@queenpencil TAMU only has Early Action for Engineering, is that what you’re waiting on? An Engineering review decision? Are you instate top 10%? Academic Admit or Review?

I am in Engineering Review as Academic admit; however, my howdy portal just changed.

Yes, I am waiting on the engineering early action. Review, in-state.

@ash980123 it means you are in!!! Congratulations??
When did you see it?

2 mins ago in school, thank you so much.

@JoeinNC OOS acceptances aren’t a soft rejection. If you receive >4k in scholarships from TAMU then you will get a non-resident tuition waiver. My son (auto admit OOS, 32 act, 1Q) almost received that from auto admit scholarships so far. If your goal is instate tuition, I don’t think it’s farfetched for it to happen.

@queenpencil I hope you hear back soon

@queenpencil unless you are auto or academic admit you would not necessarily have heard yet as there is no promise of a decision until February or March.
If you are Auto or Academic admit and applied early and haven’t heard anything yet and you AREN’T waiting for engineering review then you should call to see if there is an issue with your application.
If you are engineering, the you must also realize that TAMU is in an entirely different league than the other two schools you mentioned.
My son has been accepted and received scholarship offers from 3 other schools that are out of state. However, TAMU and UT are his first choices so we wait for the process. It’s nerve wracking to be sure
 but it is a process and none of has any control.

Hello, I applied to A&M a few weeks ago and am waiting on a decision. I know I applied late (Construction Science first choice and History second) but with football and taking challenging courses I had no time left over. I also had 3 sports injuries that required many appointments and followups. I was talking to my counselor and she said that my chances of getting in are pretty low at this point but that there is still hope. TAMU is my dream school. I figured I should just ask people here. Is hoping for acceptance a lost cause or should I hang on?
OOS
Stats-
4.05 GPA, 29 ACT, 6 AP’s / 2 Honors. EC’s of sports like football and coaching youth flag football for community service. School doesn’t report class rank.

I am very lucky to be in a situation where my family is financially capable of paying the full out of state tuition so I am not very concerned with scholarships and total cost.

Thanks to anyone who replies.

@ash980123 Congratulations !! You are in !! Do you mind sharing when you applied and your stats ??

Okay so I posted on here a while ago but I didn’t get a good idea of where I stand. This is everything I remember putting on my application, please be as honest as possible but what are my chances at full admission? Thank you in advance

Scores/Academic Standings:

• 28 ACT (29 reading, 28 science, 28 English, 26 math)
  • 1250 SAT (650 English, 600 math)
  • 4 AP’s, 6 Pre-AP’s, DC for senior year
  • 3.56 unweighted gpa, 4.7 weighed gpa
  • 106/561 (1Q)

EC’s:

• Drill/dance team (4 yrs) -social officer
  • Health Occupations Students of America (3 yrs)
  • Texas Future Dance Educators (2 yrs)- regional officer (2 yrs)
  • Soccer Sweeties {club to support mens soccer} (3 yrs)-President
  • Diamond Dolls {club to support baseball team) (2 yrs)-President
  • En Croix {student lead bible study} (2 yrs)-leader
  • Musical (1 yr)-dance captain, assistant choreographer
  • CCMA certification
  • Worked two summers as a camp counselor
  • Worked as an afterschool counselor
  • Work at JcPenny currently
  • 4.0 award (past three years)
  • “POINT” Award from school (past 3 years)
  • Various awards for my drill team
  • Submitted 40 hours of volunteer work

Extras:

• First gen Aggie
  • Submitted a letter of recommendation
  • Applied mid-November

@Boogie818 my daughter is in this group;
Date of application - Mid July
Date of initial acceptance notification - day 1 of acceptances
SAT/ACT score - 1400 (710M/690E)
Academic or Auto - Academic
First choice is engineering - Yes

@lakeywc , Congratulations on admittance and some scholarship money! May I ask what scholarship he got and how much it is worth? I thought it was pretty difficult to get that $4,000 for the tuition waiver so I’m rooting for you!

Woohoo !! My son just been accepted to engineering this morning. It is now saying “It is our pleasure to inform you of your acceptance to the College of Engineering. To accept your offer of admission, you will need to register for and attend your mandatory New Student Conference (NSC).”

I am so happy for him. Thank you everybody for your support
 good luck everyone - hopefully you will hear some good news for the holidays.

When did you apply: submitted 11/25
Class Rank: 57/813 (top 7%)
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1530 / 800 Math 730 Writing
ACT (with Sub Scores): 33

When did you receive your admission decision: this morning, 12/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science

Will graduate with 12 AP classes including CalBC (so far has taken 7 AP exams - all 4&5 scores)
Take all AP CS classes available
Great LOR from his CalBC teacher
Lots of ECs - almost 100 volunteers hrs
Varsity Choir for all 3 yrs
President (Founder) of his E-Sports Club
NHS, Spanish NHS, Science NHS, compete under UIL CS

@mikeinsugarland:

:smile: WHOOP!!! Congratulations to the whole family!! Your son will have an AWESOME TIME IN AGGIELAND!! What a fantastic way to start the Holiday break!! :smile:

Just for reference for those waiting for engineering review who are not auto or academic, but are total review, my son got his decision last year on February 8th. He had an option to pick an Engineering academy. He chose the Engineering Academy at Blinn. It has been fabulous! He lives on campus in the engineering community, takes two classes at Rellis (which are like 30 students so it’s so nice) and two classes on main campus. He made excellent grades his first semester and is loving it. The academies are a wonderful option. Of course high school seniors want full, but please do not let your student discount this offer without serious consideration.

He was top quarter, SAT 1360-had the math but ten points shy on verbal. All the usual extracurriculars, big high school etc.

And he applied in July, very early and it still took until February. Totally worth it!