TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@KaYoung2025 Ahh I wish I would’ve known this earlier on. I applied for Aerospace and Mathematics BS. The AP physics teacher at my school is horrible so that was my only regular class throughout high school besides electives. She wouldn’t teach the students and then gave them a test that everyone failed. I am in AP Calc AB though and I have extra math credits. If I didn’t get any of my majors they would offer me another major correct?

@Eggscapgoats, @AggieMomhelp

Thank you both for the meal plan advice. Assume he will use dining dollars at the places like chipotle, smash burger, etc…

yes, all those places on campus! and starbucks on campus (except for the one in the barnes and noble bookstore in the student union), if he’s into that

@teaves You may still get in since majority of admissions are in January. A&M may also offer Blinn team so you can take Physics and Calculus in Freshmen year.

I feel like I’ll probably get offered Blinn teams since I’m so close to auto admit and my grades are solid but my SAT is lacking. I heard they were accepting less people into teams every year though so I’m kinda worried.

@teaves engineering at blinn is different than team. It’s academy and engineering is not reducing offers so there’s a great chance for this. Most engineering seeking students in top quarter with good course rigor in math and science, will get an offer of either cstat full, Galveston or blinn academy. If I had to guess, I think you’ll get a full offer to cstat campus.

Of the Dec 5th SAT results come out on Dec 18th? How is it possible to get them in Admissions hands by the 21st?

Major - Computer Science and Mathematics

Special Personal Circumstances - Diagnosed with cancer, immigrated to the United States two years ago

Student Status - in-state freshman

GPA: 97.022/4.0667 weighted - 4.000 unweighted - Class rank: 96/661

Standardized test scores - 1420 SAT score - 790 Math and 630 EBRW

Additional Course Work

AP - Computer Science A, Human Geography, Calculus AB, Psychology

Dual Credit: English IV

Pre AP: Algebra II

Extracurricular Activities

PALS, member of a club that is responsible for holding school events and contests

(I cannot attend many extracurricular activities due to my health condition and some personal reasons)

Honors/Awards -
Academic Excellence: Fresh/Junior

I’m not really confident about my Extracurricular Activities and Awards. However, I submitted an additional essay to tell TAMU about my personal reasons. Hopefully, they would understand that.

2 Likes

Definitely go to the SAT website and sign up to have the scores automatically sent to A&M. This will get the scores there the quickest. Keep in mind that it may take time (a few weeks?) between A&M getting the score and the score actually showing up in AIS.

Scores are sent from SAT website to college 10 days after scores are released. That’s when AIS has been updated for me in the past.

@Eggscapgoats Yes, he is into coffee. May need to look into a Keurig for dorm room, lol

The scores need to be there on the 21st, 3 days after they come out. How will they be there in time?

I am not sure that they will be. That’s why there was a push to take them at the latest in November. Do not let it discourage you. When my daughter took hers last month, the scores were published on the 20th and A&M had them by the 24th.

Thanks for the comment. Now, is this usual? I was under the impression that as long as you continue to improve, before a decision is made, that they would continue to consider.

Don’t worry A&M accepts SAT scores until January 15. I asked them to confirm it 2 times, but you can check with them by asking a question through the AIS. Also if you want your scores to be sent immediately on the 18th use the free score sends( only drawback is you won’t know your scores before you send them).

This is exactly what we were hoping for. We will ask them again via AIS and will probably take a peek at them first if they do take them until 1/15.

1 Like

@FriscoParent If you have already submitted SAT scores, then my understanding is they will receive the December ones b/c you cannot pick and choose which SAT they see if they’ve already received one of your student’s scores with the SAT (meaning that TAMU is a school that requires copies of all their SATs).

When did you apply: 11/30/2020
Class Rank: 160/797
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1500 (730 Reading&Writing, 770 math)
ACT (with Sub Scores) N/A
GPA: 3.89/4. 4.21/5
When did you receive your admission decision: TBD
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Civil Engineering& Mechanical Engineering.

4: AP Com Sci, AP Cal AB, AP Chem,
3: AP World History, AP US History
TBD: AP Cal BC, AP Lit, AP Gov, AP Macro, AP Bio

My son got transferred to another school in senior year due to financial circumstances. His old class rank was 3/54. Would it make any different in admission decision?

Do you think he has a chance getting into TAMU?

1 Like

@nguyen1975 Great SAT score! So, he transferred to a new school during senior year? If so, his transcript and rank for his application and SRAR should have been from the end of junior year at the old school, with classes taken his senior year listed as “in progress”. Are both schools in Texas?

@nguyen1975

Good SAT score, good UW GPA. Good chance.

The only downside will be applying a bit late and course strength (AP Cal BC and AP Physics 1/2/C) preferred for all engineering. Your AP line up is also good for Liberal Arts/Social Science so have a second choice such as Economics would be good if getting into A&M College Station is your goal.

1 Like