TCU - 2023 Nursing - Apply ED or EA and chances of getting Scholarship?

We are approaching D-Day and still uncertain as to whether my daughter should apply ED or EA to TCU’s nursing program. The nursing program is incredibly competitive, but this is her absolute #1 choice. My daughter will NOT be eligible for financial aid, but for her to attend TCU, she will need to receive a scholarship of $20K. We are one of those families whose income is too great for financial aid, but not enough to pay for TCU without feeling a significant stress or taking out a loan (which we will not do). The TCU website is very clear in outlining probable scholarship awards, and my daughter’s stats. would more than likely earn her the amount she needs, BUT what if she gets accepted but does not get the needed scholarship? ED is binding (assuming only financial aid decision and not scholarship decision is a acceptable means for release of commitment…which I am still unclear on). Also, though logically it would seem her chances are greater with ED acceptance, it would also seem that the chances for scholarship would be less,…assuming TCU would not need to give her money (or very little), if she is bound regardless. With EA, esp. when applying to nursing program, it seems her chances of admission are significantly less (based in posts from applicants’s posting on this site from prior years), but perhaps scholarship much more likely? I also read that last year, the response for EA acceptance was pushed to April 1?! Super confused and only 2 days to decide! Any advice?

@LiveLabLove hey maybe I can help EA is the way to go because if she backs out she will still be locked in ED is a binding decision. I am a transfer and got 18k in scholarship per year. Also you are very correct ED shows extreme interest in a school. I think TCU is an amazing school one of the best in texas and if you get the money you need you should go. Lmk if you have any questions.