Texas A and M Applications Agriculture majors

My daughter is graduating from a honors military prep school here in San Antonio. She had a 3.5 at application time but currently 4.0, she got a 1240 on SAT . She did not submit her ACT score. She has applied as a Ag Major.
She also completed JCAP as she is in the Corps of Cadets at our school. She was born in College Station as a child of alum.
We haven’t heard yet, but we are hopeful as our school is know as a feeder school for TAMU.

good luck to your daughter! there’s a good discussion on this thread about admissions:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2088998-tamu-class-2023-admission-decisions.html#latest

It seems to be mostly Mays/ Business admissions. No one talks about Ag majors.

@TMImomof2 Yes a lot of business and eng majors but admissions is admissions. Major doesn’t matter except for Eng. Everything else (there are a couple of exceptions) is first come. What is your daughter’s rank? Ag is a great college. My daughter loved it. Great profs and advisors.

our school doesn’t rank. Its a honor military prep school.

@TMImomof2 TAMU will assign a rank. It’ll show up on AIS.

oh yes I see that now, Q2. Ag Science Major. She completed JCAP this fall with the Corps of Cadets also.
Hope to hear in the next month.

@TMImomof2 Q2 is harder for students to get full admit unless really high test scores, BUT it’s only half of what they use for acceptance. Completing JCAP will definitely help her stand out. Best of luck and please keep us posted. There are plenty of other majors talking on that other thread listed above.