Ag major waiting admission

I haven’t seen any Ag majors admitted yet. Thats what we are waiting on. Does anyone know if this is last to fill?

@TMImomof2 have you heard anything? My son’s first choice is AgBusiness, still in review.

All of my daughters FFA friends wanting Ag, are still ‘in review’.

My son’s first choice was Mays which was full pretty early. Second choice was AgBusiness. He’s still in review also.

that makes me hopeful, also they asked for her current transcript from school and received it.

@TMImomof2 wow, that’s promising!! How did they communicate that to her?

it is on her AIS page under “my documents” and “received documents”. They did not contact her at all, they got them through the school. She applied in Sept. and they just got the original transcript then. This is a more current one than the one she sent obviously. I just happened to see it when I was looking around on her AIS page

Thanks for the info @TMImomof2. My son’s is still the original date. Hopefully that means good news for you soon!!

Hope you are right. I can’t find any information about why they would do that. Luckily she had great grades , even better than before. Good luck to your son. I have a son in 9th who only dreams of A&M. This is killing us all .

I know they say they don’t consider majors, but I find it strange so many Ag majors are still waiting to hear.

@TMImomof2 did you ask your high school if tamu requested the transcript? They don’t consider anything accepted after dec 8th. If they did that for y’all then they open themselves up to law suits from every student. Freshman applicants all follow the same protocol.

Not disbelieving they have this information. Just curious as to what repercussions they would have to deal with it they use it in their decision.

yeah no idea. I emailed her college advisor to see if she knows anything. We certainly didn’t send it on our end.

My son improved his class rank by 15 people at the semester 16.5% to 15%, wish they would pull new transcripts!!

I emailed the college advisor and she said “it was mid-year report that is sent to all colleges in Mid-January”, so nothing special. Yeah my daughter would be in the same spot with going up 4 points. Oh well. May be home for a year going to UTSA then reapply if this isn’t the year.

@TMImomof2 my son’s counselor asked about sending updated transcripts to the schools he hadn’t heard from but knew that TAMU didn’t accept anything after the app deadline. some schools will consider new information. TAMU will not unless you appeal their admission decision. there’s some discussion on appeals on the main admissions thread…

yeah I guess its just policy with out school.

My daughter mentioned today that one of her FFA friends, wanting Ag major, will be going PSA to Tarleton.

Appeals require new and compelling information that wasn’t in the original application. New being “new” the university of info from the first 6 semesters but not new, as in updated information or circumstances since the end of Jr year.