Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

7 Tabs!!! Was losing hope. Major was changed from psychology to Undeclared/General. Now I forgot how or where to apply for housing. Thanks to everyone for this message board. It has been such a valuable resource of information in this lengthy, uncertain process. I wish all of you & your children much success in their future endeavors!

16 Likes

Congratulations!! Did they keep her in Engineering major?

1 Like

Yes, she got in under Engineering at College Station.

7 Likes

Congrats to everyone! When my D got her 7 tabs on a Wednesday, she was able to access the housing portal that Friday AM. Just keep going until you pay the deposit and it will give you a time for when Ph2 opens (usu the next week).

4 Likes

Finally 7 tabs for my son

AIS is yet to update; but the 1st choice major is changed from Aerospace to General Engg and degree changed from BS to BAC as follows:

Not sure whats in store… my son looked at BAC and apparently not interested in computer science…
Can you please throw some light to how to interpret this? Thanks

12 Likes

Congratulations! BAC just means B at College Station.

Note that 60% of all TAMU admissions (including TEAB and Blinn Team which count towards admission total) happen between Jan and March.

3 Likes

You mean to say its not this?

His first choice was Aerospace and second was Mechanical.

BAC just means at College Station. Google has its wrong hilariously.

2 Likes

You really made my day! Thanks a lot for clarification.

All freshman enter as General Engineering.
Be sure you & your son are very familiar with ETAM process, which every Gen Eng student will need to go thru. Aerospace one of the most difficult, he’ll need a 3.75+.

4 Likes

There must have been a wave today. My son was accepted holistic for Oceanography and I see the same for many others. Problem is he has been waiting since August and fell in love with Ole Miss. Doing NROTC there.

4 Likes

Congrats to everyone! :slight_smile:
For those who got in today, would you mind sharing your student’s stats, particularly SAT/ACT and GPA/rank?

Got 7 tabs but in AIS there is no letter from the university yet in “my communications”. Where can I find this letter so I know what major he got? Thanks!

Top 15%. 1310 SAT

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. My daughter is a little disheartened in the waiting but hanging in there. I am going to share with her.

2 Likes

Just curious when your D received her 7 tabs, how long afterward did AIS show acceptance/offer?

Look in Dashboard - select Term: Fall 2023 College Station. Then click Overview

3 Likes

AIS showed admitted the very next day for my daughter. There will also be a link to the acceptance letter (also found in communications). Congratulations!

My DD has already been accepted to Galveston and still waiting on CS. The 7 tabs are in howdy because of the Galveston acceptance. Is there anything to look for to see an early sneak peek for an acceptance to CS since the 7 tabs are already there?

I can’t remember exactly where but look at the bottom of Registration Readiness maybe? There’s an Admitted date under Registration Holds or something.

Housing question - My son was admitted for Engineering in early December and we immediately paid the housing deposit. He has no idea if he will attend and is waiting to hear from other schools (which won’t happen until March). What is Phase 2 (and beyond) of housing, and is there any urgency to that submitting that like there is for Phase 1? Is there a deadline, or limited choices later if he waits?