Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

DS just checked and he got in today, too!

holistic review
non-ranking school
3.8 UW GPA
plenty of AP/honors classes
top 25% AIS
SAT 1290
normal ECs, 2 years part time job, OSHA certifications

13 Likes

General Engineering - I found it under Dashboard - Overview. Thanks for the help Penny.

Not very urgent, and your student can participate phase 2 without having to commit to TAMU.

1 Like

My DD received her 7 tabs this morning. I know majors will change during this process; however, her declared major (psychology) was changed to Undecided/General. How or when does she “re-declare” the major she wants to study? Do I assume the college of arts & sciences, specifically psychology, is full or is this temporary until registration? Just curious what this process looks like before accepting the offer. She has multiple offers from other schools granting her declared major & don’t want to jeopardize by choosing an institution over her desired field of study. Any insight is very much appreciated.

@Skywalker00 yes, go ahead and submit phase 2, don’t wait-it is pointless & truly doesn’t mean a thing (so don’t over think). Phase 3-which is roommate matching-happens late Feb/early March (I think?). Just continue to submit, it isn’t binding yet.
Continue with it all, and if your student decides to attend elsewhere, just MAKE SURE you cancel the Housing contract by April 30. If you wait until May 1, you’ll be on the hook to pay a chunk of it. Mark your calendar NOW.

2 Likes

@AgDad i would probably contact the TAP office, and see if they can answer your questions. If they can’t, they should be able to direct you to the correct office.

1 Like

That sounds like Gateway program if going to general studies.

1 Like

@AgDad did she apply for 2 majors, or only Psychology?

My son is still waiting to hear back, applied in early August. My question is that he had Business as #1 (which we know is probably not going to happen) and Communication as #2. He is wanting to change his #2 to Econ now but I’m not sure if we should try and change it now or wait to see if he even gets accepted. Does anyone know how hard it would be to change to Econ if he does get accepted into Communications? I don’t want to mess anything up in his application process.

Will Gateway and Team offers come out this early?

1 Like

my son too! I’m hoping he’ll join the corps since his older brother class of 21 and older sister class of 24 was/is both in the corps

2 Likes

Still waiting. With a 1410 SAT I am baffled as to why he is still waiting.

1 Like

Just found my daughter is accepted to general engineer of Texas A&M today. Thank for those who have helped me along the way! Good luck to those who are still waiting.

9 Likes

Got the 7 tabs today. What a relief. My kid wanted A&M so bad, and has since A&M was still playing Texas. it’s the only school she applied to, with the intention of taking a gap year and trying again next year if didn’t she receive an offer.

Holistic
Arts and Sciences
3.78 Unweighted, competitive HS
Top 15%
LOTS of extracurriculars and leadership… Varsity athletics, band, rotc, etc
1120 SAT (so there is hope for those not so great standardized test takers)
No AP, 10 dual credit
Does intend to join the Corps, and has done a spend the night with the Corps.
Won a full, super selective scholarship her sophmore year from the Air Force to spend a summer away getting a pilot’s license, so is a licensed pilot. Spends lots of time in a club rebuilding trashed airplanes (Cessna) and flying. I have no doubt that this helped, as it’s a great accomplishment that shows ability and it’s unique so stands out.

Yesterday we received the below from her JROTC instructor on who had just received it on a communication from the Corps. After reading it was really thinking it wasn’t meant to be. Glad she didn’t have to wait long to find out. Basically, there are about 6000 spots left for 30,000 remaining applicants. I’m not sure if the big group of acceptances that went out today were already included in the 20,197. My thinking is probably, but that’s just me guessing.

TAMU Admissions. For your seniors who applied for admission to Texas A&M, we have 49,297 completed applications on file, 20,197 have been offered admission so far, we expect about 26,000 to be offered admission to get about 11,000-12,000 freshmen starting in the fall 2023. Of those offered admission, 12,274 were in the top 10% (Texas HS), and 7,753 are from holistic review. Of those that submit their SAT scores (which is optional), the average SAT is about 1280.

13 Likes

Psychology is an impacted major, so it is limited. I’ve seen a list but I don’t remember everything on it. But there were around 4 or 5 for from Arts and Sciences. Psychology, Communication, and Journalism were three of them. In addition to all Engineering and Business majors, all Kinesogy majors were also limited. And Visualization and Fine Arts. There were a few others, I just don’t remember what they were.

What did she put for her second major? Was it also an inpacted major? If so, it may be that they are both full. I think it would be worth a call to find out.

1 Like

BAC is short for baccalaureate or bachelor

2 Likes

Dumb question, but what does “impacted major” mean? THX

4 Likes

Her second choice was Mays Business. She knew Mays would probably fill up fast, but really is focused on BS in Psychology. She has 28-30 dual credit hours with a lot of these hours focused in math, English & science. Wondering if those DC hours are making it an issue.

1 Like

Definitely not a dumb question. Impacted major sounds like a personal problem. :grimacing:

AIS is showing location as College Station. Her second choice was Mays, but we knew that would fill-up quickly. In addition, she wants to pursue BS psychology most important over institution. She does have 28-30 dual credit hours with heavy emphasis on math, then English, and science. She has an unweighted 4.0 in all her classes. I guess the next step is to contact TAP as suggested by someone else.

1 Like