Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I think it simply means not enough seats are available at the school to meet student demand for that major, but that is just my guess.

Our daughter was offered Blinn Engineering Academy with a 1410 SAT and IB diploma in 2021.

Did she accept?

She did not. She took it as a rejection. I know, I know…everyone says Blinn is great. She found her niche at a much smaller school in Missouri and is excelling there in Civil Engineering, and is on her way to Spain for the spring semester.

4 Likes

@AgDad here’s the 2022-23 BS Psychology transfer sheet. If she’s got 28-30 Dual Credit hours, unfortunately those apply automatically (AP are applied if/when student decides, so always wise to wait and accept AP).
Max transferable hours to transfer into BS Psychology is 60 hours. If she does indeed need to start out in General Studies, she’ll need to work closely with TAP advisor, to make sure she has all the pre-reqs, prior to hitting 60 hours. This is something y’all need to ask the TAP office-bring up how many total DC hours she’ll have when she arrives.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/getmedia/db636115-28f6-4aab-975e-966f73b5f3ec/2022-2023-Psychology-BS-TCS.pdf

Nice. I wonder how Texas A&M calculates such offers with respect to yield? My impression is the school engineers a lot of blivets (WWII fecal slang meaning intended) into the numbers they present to the world. They have a very large machine to feed.

Can someone share the photo of seven tabs?

Well i have 4.0 and 1300 but still haven’t heard anything :frowning:

Hang in there. What major do you want?

1 Like

Computer Science

Why? @Steve6

1 Like

I had the same question this afternoon and found it in this thread by searching 7 tabs. It was posted in August 2022. Good luck!

1 Like

Can you please resend if available?

Edit: I found it thanks

1 Like

Do these numbers include Blinn Team and Gateway?

1 Like

I would think so, since they’re considered ‘full admission’ (can live on campus, have a Sports Pass, rush sororities).

Will there be any more admissions rollout this week?
@52AG82

@devratpatel no one knows :woman_shrugging:t2: Seemed to be a wave today. Pattern will be-fewer straight admission, things will really taper off, Blinn TEAM and Gateway offered, then PSA and outright denial.
Holistic review can go until early March.

1 Like

I am really upset because people with lower scores than me got in today :frowning:

Hard not to compare, but you really can’t. You don’t have AP or IB, and a 1300 SAT for General Engineering just may not be enough. I don’t know how they review international students. Hopefully you’ve got other acceptances lined up, in case A&M doesn’t work out. I think I remember you have UTD?

3 Likes

Well i agree i don’t have AP or IB because i didn’t had the resources and chances. But i do have extraordinary EC’s and work experience, i did like 3 internship during my HS all related to CS.

PS: i also got into penn state which very competitive for CS.

3 Likes

If Penn State is direct admit to Comp Sci, take it! Amazing school! Terribly difficult to get into Comp Sci during ETAM at A&M, direct admit is the way to go.
Hang in there…

1 Like