Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I would have taken that but Penn State doesn’t offer good financial assistance like UT’s and A&M. So…

1 Like

CS is just so hard to get into. Hang in there!

1 Like

We’re still sitting at the 3 tabs :pensive:, back to the waiting game. I know many say it’s normal so trying to stay positive. My current Aggie sophomore was auto admit so we didn’t have to go through this waiting game.

Since my son got early admission to TX Tech he was offered housing and some other things earlier, financial offer even came in already. We’ve gone ahead with reserving some things like housing, etc because I don’t want him to keep waiting and then get bad selections just because we’ve been waiting for A&M’s decision.

Fingers crossed for all the ones still waiting!

1 Like

My daughter is still waiting with 3 tabs too for BIMS or Genetics or something else offered. I was wondering if it would be beneficial for her to send in her dual credit grades from this fall for Econ and English. She made A’s in both. Would they look at that or no?

We are in the same situation. My son got early admission to Tech Business and UARK Honors Business. His #1 choice is A&M so we just sit and wait now. I heard both Tech and UARK’s dorms are filling up fast.

@Trc5bgnd they will not look at Senior year grades.

1 Like

Definitely. Under your dashboard it may show term as summer 2023. If so, that’s definitely gateway. Btw, this is my favorite way to fet into Tamu! Wonderful program to set them up for success!!

1 Like

My daughter got regular admission in October, but she wants Gateway so she can start earlier!

When accepted to Galveston with full “7 tabs” you will know you are also accepted to College Station (equivalent of 7 tabs) by:

It appears in Dashboard.

“Select Term:”

Will show “Fall 2023 College Station”

And still have an option for “Fall 2023 Galveston”

The CS Overview will show the degree.

Galveston Overview will show a different degree

Dashboard says location College Station. Term Fall 2023

3 Likes

@AgDad y’all need to meet with TAP office asap, since she’s already got 28-30 DC hours. Crunch the classes she’ll be required to take before she can apply for Psychology, and make sure she won’t be over 60. A&M is hard and firm on the number of transferable hours each major sets.
Fall ‘23 is not Gateway, just normal admission, except she’s Gen Studies.

3 Likes

Most of the DC’s are basic core curriculum. Following the Psychology departments degree plan along with the cross reference on what is transferable, it looks like 26, maybe 29 hours will transfer. AIS has still not shown an acceptance banner or no letters in her communication. I also read the change in major is a normal part of the admissions process. Is it possible her major will change back to Psychologynwhen she is “officially” accepted rather than the 7 tabs? From the TAP link you sent, I assume we need to make an in-person appointment. I am going to wait until AIS shows an official acceptance, if major remains General Studies, I will call TAP and proceed from their advice

1 Like

Change of major isn’t normally what happens. If you see on her dashboard-Undecided/General Studies (is is listed as GEST?), then that’s what she’s been accepted under. Does Psych still show as major choice #2? Or just Undecided/GenStudies?
I’d definitely get the ball rolling today, to make an appt with TAP…sooner rather than later.

I’m surprised applications didn’t top 50,000 this year since it was the first year they were added to the Common App. And if my math is right, that looks like about a 38% acceptance rate thus far for holistic applicants. I believe alternative pathways are included, but I’m not sure about how TAMU accounts for any of this.

1 Like

Well, when we have such a horrible football season, I turned to my son and said, “Good news. Fewer people are going to apply this year.” :smile:

1 Like

Sadly doesn’t work that way. She can take summer school at juco

1 Like

Unfortunately, bad football seasons are an Aggie tradition and you know how Aggies love traditions…

2 Likes

engineering admission process is so much more competitive than liberal arts. they might also have only so many spots for international students. I was one myself and it made admission more difficult and selective. also engineering at A&M is difficult choice bc you can only get into general engineering and you might not get what you wanted when you started school. all that said, it’s still early. I don’t know when you applied but my son didn’t hear till February and he had 36 on ACT and a 4.0 plus 15 hours in dual enrollment from university of Memphis and a community college.

4 Likes

you can still take classes during summer and transfer the hours to TAMU. you don’t even have to go to Blinn in Bryan since they charge you too much money. They charge you extra for Bryan campus because you don’t live in their county (whatever county Brenham is in). so Kepler paid like $600/class for summer school. yuck.

2 Likes