Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

If you take AP Eng Lit this senior year, try your best to get 3+ in AP CB test, that way you can claim away that class instead of taking it at ETAM.

ETAM mainly about 2 Calculus classes, a physics and two Chemistry. You will do fine based on your information shared.

TAMU is big on football, but TAMU is not a partying school if you compare against UT Austin. Engineering in TAMU is hectic and most students busy studying.

UTD is city-style college, campus is still big you can’t just walk to Coit and Preston for food. If you take CS in UTD, try getting CS2 honor, that will be equivalent of TAMU CS (with good GPA).

That’s great advice, Thank you.

Just remember that scores are only one part of the application. It may be one of the more important ones, but it is still just one. We never know what else each person has done (extra curriculars, volunteering) or said (in essay) that could have made an impact in decision. Best of luck! Keep the faith!

1 Like

Where does it list impacted majors or where can I find info on which ones are included? THX

Try not to think this way, it doesn’t help. No one knows what are the criteria for admission officers. You might be getting admission too, maybe just in the next wave.

In my school , I don’t rank in top 10%, which helps with many Texas schools. Some kids in top 10% failed AP Math/Physics tests, but got an auto-admit into engineering majors. I aced all AP tests, but not ranked in the top due to non-stem course grades. Everyone has their own strengths, so focus on yours.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s my major concern about A&M.

I am okay with Physics, haven’t done much Chem. I will look into it.

Think you meant to say 2 calculus classes, 2 engineering classes, and 2 science classes (typically chem and phys but could be 2 chem). Its the engineering classes (coding) that surprise many

Did any one get 7 tabs today? Are they coning out throughout the day? This is so hard - feel like he checks his portal all day long

My nephew is in the corps and got his third choice engineering major of nuclear engineering. However, his top two choices were aero and mechanical. He took 1.5 years to finish ETAM because of the starting math course.

1 Like

what class rank was she? That seems crazy to me.

1 Like

I absolutely agree. Needless to say, as a former student myself, A&M doesn’t receive any donations from me as they did for the 30 years prior. We are at a non- ranking high school, so she didn’t have a rank. We have 75 national merit students at our school this year.
Our son has applied for this fall. Completely different kid. No interest in engineering. We shall see… best wishes to your student.

1 Like

It appears that it was Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I didn’t see or hear of anyone today. Regardless, looks like things are rolling in the new year. We have one twin in :blush:, the other patiently waiting, but checking several times a day :relieved:. Holding on to hope. Both holistic, A&LS majors.

3 Likes

I am International student.

Well penn state i a good school but they don’t offer good aid to international students.

You are phenomenally motivating! Thank you, and fingers crossed🤞 for the next wave.

1 Like

Until the Howdy portal showed 7 tabs, its about the admission… then the issue is ETAM :roll_eyes:

Anyways, my S23 is in favor of A&M. He got into Penn State as well; but A&M is his priority.

And, thanks for the ETAM information. It certainly helps to know while evaluating other admission options.

2 Likes

I think you meant TEAB (Team Engineering at Blinn), Engineering Academy is a separate application to one of six communitiy colleges and A&M.

It is ironic last year in NSC, quite a number of full admit general engineering students asked if they could convert TEAB after finding out the savings in tuition. TEAB goes through the same ETAM process as full admit students and some say even easier to get higher GPA.

6 Likes

is 1320 good for cs at texas a&m?

1 Like

Depends how balanced is the score and the major/college applying, and whether top 10% or holistic.

2 Likes

720 math 600 reading
comp sci
texas a&m
holistic, not top 10%