Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Last two years holistic mostly 1400+ and close to top 10% gets in. That’s just statistics they mentioned in NSC, it also have other factors like course strength, essays and historical data from high schools. Hope you get the best results!

2 Likes

One thing is TEAB at Rellis is funded by TAMU, the reason people “feel” TEAB has better chance of higher GPA recently not because the tests are easier, but statistics show TEAB has 88% get first choice major while full admit general engineering has 82%. And the minor difference was likely due to two good M151/152 professors in Blinn Rellis so it is important not to assume TEAB is always easier. In recent years TEAB is mainly spill over from TAMU admission.

In short TEAB’s blessing is mainly on lower tuition (saving $2-5K/year), downside is getting TAMU housing later as most TEAB offers are in Jan-March.

4 Likes

My daughter was accepted to TAMU on Dec. 15 with similar stats. She had some “enhancers” - lots of AP classes, competitive high school, lots of extracurricular activities/sports/jobs, applied on August 1, showed lots of interest, good (IMO) essays, etc. But in terms of objective stats - very similar to you. Top 25% (assigned, her school didn’t rank), 1320 SAT.

Her major is Construction Science in the College of Architecture though, which I don’t believe is as competitive as computer science. But they say you get admitted to TAMU first, then assigned to a major, so provided you are assigned in AIS to the top 25%, you are in the same ballpark as many holistic kids who gain admission.

FWIW - there is so much confusing data out there. It drove me bananas. A 1320 is clearly a “good” score. I think it is top 7% in the nation or some such. And A&M’s mid-range for SATs is lower than 1320, so clearly there are kids who get less than 1320 and get in. But those numbers are skewed b/c some kids don’t submit/take the test and some auto-admit kids get lower scores that drag down the averages and then there are outliers on both ends - kids with high scores that get rejected (or don’t get engineering or Mays or whatever) and kids with low scores that manage to get in. I’ve heard that for holistic review kids, a 1360+ is the number that some guidance counselors use as a target for kids who want to get into A&M but aren’t top 10%. If you get a 1360 or better -it is apparently very helpful. So you are right near that number - it definitely won’t hurt you.

2 Likes

I too was accepted December 15, 11 AP classes, 102 GPA, Top 12% so non auto, varsity and JV sports, VP of a club, 300 service hours… I believe anything above a 1200 is completely viable to submit, I submitted a 1230 and was accepted to arts and sciences!

4 Likes

My nephew was admitted today for Meteorology. STATS: He attends a small private school, non ranking. He was assigned 2nd quarter by TAMU, good ECs, part time jobs, 30 overall ACT with a 34 score in STEM.

9 Likes

As others are receiving admission decisions this email came today. Anyone know if this is indicative that an alternate entrance path may be offered?

4 Likes

My impression is that TAMU really wants to offer almost every applicant a way to be an Aggie. They have a huge organization to manage. I think communications like the one above are intended to covey that TAMU hasn’t forgotten you and they are trying to find a way to help you become an Aggie.

1 Like

@njdad7 what are your students stats?
This could definitely be an indicator of a pathway offer to come.

My daughter got the same email today.

GPA: 3.2/4W 5.6/8W
SAT: 1360 super / 1340 best
Honors/AP/Dual Enroll: 11/9/7
Residency: Non-Resident (Out of State)
Early Action: Yes
Applied: 10/14 (App marked received 10/17 due to Texas A&M delay creating account needed to link SRAR)
Applied Major: College of Engineering, 1st choice Computer Engineering, 2nd Computer Science

Curriculum

• Math: Alg1 (7th grade), Geom (8th), Alg 2 (9th), Calc 1 (10th), Calc 2/AP Calc BC (11th), Financial Literacy 11th, Calc 3 /Multivariable Calc (12th), AP Statistics
  • Science: Biology H (9th), Chem H/DE (10th), AP Physics 1(11), AP Physics C: Mechanics (12th), AP Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism (12th)
  • Stem: AP Comp Sci A (DE), AP Comp Sci PR (DE), Robotics, Engineering, Computer Graphics, Apex Technologies

Resume: 3 jobs paid, 1 unpaid internship
ECs: Starting Varsity Wrestler as Freshman, Comp Sci Club, Future Engineers, 4th in Division World Robotics Championship, Robotics State Semifinalist, Multiple Robotics Awards, Standford U AI Camp multiple sessions, Strong GitHub, Top 2% Rank TryHackMe, Google IT Support Professional Certified

Accepted to all schools applied to that have issued decisions so far including Pitt,
Penn State, Rutgers, NJIT, Drexel, Temple, New School and more.

2 Likes

Has @FriscoDad given his thoughts on chances? He’s the Engineering guru.
I’m sure you know, but all incoming freshman enter as General Engineering, then go thru ETAM process.
Your son has some great acceptances already!
Curious, what makes him want to come to Texas for school?

Click through that link for alternative pathways. TAMU tracks who reviews the information.

Your student’s course strength is good, ranking will be the main thing. If TAMU is the goal then getting TEAB offer take it. Don’t choose waitlist.

The schools your student got acceptance are all very good.

4 Likes

There are many reasons. Texas A&M Engineering is one of the best in the nation, ranking in top 10-20 among public institutions for many programs. After going to the Robotics World Championship in Dallas last year Texas became a top choice for college. Also, some of the other top-ranking institutions have been ruled are out or are lower on the list for a variety of reasons: Cost, applicant competition, insufficient grades/test scores, locations he dislikes, and/or being too political.

1 Like

Is that a typo? Do you mean the TEAM pathway?

TEAB, not a typo (no TEAM path for Engineering).
TEAB is a great option, can only be offered, not applied for. Considered full admission (can live on campus, have a sports pass), but cheaper due to some classes taken at Blinn/RELLIS campus, and smaller class size. Great offer/pathway!

2 Likes

Per A&M’s website, If Blinn is offered and the student meets the requirements they are guaranteed transition to a full degree at A&M. Are they guaranteed transition to their preferred choice? In my daughter’s case Mays?

1 Like

@texasstudent22 are you asking about Blinn TEAM?
This is the TAP TEAM transfer sheet for Mays, 2021-22. You can see the requirements.
@ChristiR93 can better answer your question about being guaranteed.

1 Like

Details: TEAM - TAP (tamu.edu)

Also, per @52AG82’s link for engineering:

Students who successfully complete the program with a minimum 3.75 grade point average at Blinn and Texas A&M earn automatic admission to their first-choice engineering major.

1 Like

My son got sane email. We would be thrilled to get a pathway offer too. Hoping this a a good sign - or maybe all remaining applicants got this email

2 Likes

Definitely review the types of pathways and what they mean.

For non engineering: Gateway is the most coveted because you do one summer session then meet easy requirements to become fall freshman full admit. Team is next with being considered Tamu student but aren’t guaranteed your major unless your major has a guaranteed pathway. You can Google the participating team majors at blinn Tamu. That should get you there.

Psa is soft denial but a guaranteed pathway if meet requirements at a Tamu system school.

Know the options before they are given to you. I advise not to pick waitlist if given the option between team and that. Choose team or risk getting psa in March or April.

5 Likes