Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@GigEm5 my son got this email as well. Don’t know what this means. Are they preparing us for an alternate pathway?

2 Likes

@engson2002 @GigEm5 Mind sharing your stats and program applied for?

Nutrition
3.95 GPA
27 ACT
AP and Dual Credit
NHS
Large competitive high school
Varsity sports
Lifeguard and Camp Counselor
Job shadowing nutritionist
Lots of volunteer
Founded a club
Lots of demonstrated interest

We know Blinn Team or Gateway is a more likely option - that’s what we are hoping for

Everyone we know who hasn’t heard got that email so don’t think it means anything

2 Likes

Is it possible to get into engineering if the student does TEAM, Gateway and/or Program for System Admission?

If you’re wanting engineering and don’t get TEAB or Galveston, the best option is to go to an engineering academy that then flows into Tamu in cstat. I’ll look up the link and attach it. They go through ETAM as well. It’s a solid way and guaranteed way to get to Tamu. Psa does have at least one participating engineering major but I’d have to look up which one.

https://tamuengineeringacademies.org/programs

3 Likes

Here’s a screen shot on psa engineering majors. Go to Tamu admissions for the info.

1 Like

@ababac PSA only offers limited majors, and only those shown above are eligible thru PSA (for Eng).
Definitely be familiar with the various Eng pathways-they differ from the other pathways.

PSA link https://admissions.tamu.edu/apply/freshman/program-for-system-admission

Does anyone know if psychology is already full? My daughter is admitted… she’s asking for a friend. Thank you.

Is it possible to be offered your second choice major or the option of one of the pathway programs?

My daughter was accepted to Mays in October but dragged her feet until December on housing. Does anyone know when’s we will hear about dorms? I’d much rather she be in a good dorm than in private student housing for her freshman year, but maybe there’s a great student housing o,ace of which I’m not aware.

@Jessica_Bowen yes to both! 2nd choice major can still be offered, as well as Blinn TEAM, Gateway and PSA (different pathway options if applying for Engineering).
The later it gets, more likely pathways may be offered. Can’t stress enough to be familiar with all the various pathway options (google!). PSA has the most ‘strings attached’ (meaning-you don’t start out at A&M, you’re not a Aggie, majors are limited, little wiggle room).
Pays to be prepared!

1 Like

Received the same email. Obviously not all applicants can be full admits. We need to be knowledgeable to their other pathways if it comes to having to make a decision. My oldest was full admit and began his (engineering) journey via TAMUG. He is now at Cstat. Applied for his ring. My youngest (now HS Sr.) is playing the waiting game. Good luck to all.

1 Like

@SlimJim005 that’s really unfortunate she didn’t pay Housing deposit back in October. Dorm selection is based on time stamp Housing deposit was paid.
She can always decide to room with someone who has a much earlier selection time, and that roomie ‘pulls’ her up at the same time.
I highly suggest living on campus freshman year, nothing beats it! White Creek Apt on West Campus are usually the last to full, so that’s definitely an option.
Dorm selection doesn’t take place until end of April/early May.

2 Likes

Thanks! Would it make sense to submit the Change Major button on the portal to help make it easier to get admitted?

@Jessica_Bowen i can’t say for certain, but at this point, if it were me, I wouldn’t mess with any buttons.

2 Likes

I dont knoe for certain, but I have seen several people lately with Psychology as their first choice say they were admitted to their second choice, so I would assume that it is full. I think one way you may be able to tell is to go i like you are changing your choice of major. It will gice you a drop down list of majors you can change to, and the majors that are already full won’t be on the list. You can look at the list without actually hitting confirm to request a change. Right now there are no business majora available, and no Psychology or Journalism. There are still engineering majors available, but since those all go into general engineering anyway instead of specific majors tbose would probably stay available until the engineering college is full. This all seems pretty consistent with what posters seem to be saying, so I am thinking that is a fairly accurate way to tell.

2 Likes

They have listed impacted majors (more demand than spots available) as follows…

• School of Architecture
  • Mays Business School
  • School of Education & Human Development; All Kinesiology Majors
  • College of Engineering: all majors
  • College of Arts & Sciences; Biology, Communication, Journalism Studies, Psychology
  • School of Performance, Visualization, & Fine Arts; Visualization
  • School of Public Health; all majors

Some of those surprised me a little, but I’m thinking some are polular with athletes, so that might be a reason for the higher demand. Lots are interested in coaching, sports management, etc., and psychology, communication, etc. seem to show up a lot on athlete’s profiles. That’s just a guess, but it makes sense to me. A&M does have one of the top Sports Management programs in the country from what I have heard.

3 Likes

@JustTwo217 my Aggie says tons of athletes are Communication majors.

So my daughter applied for the school of Public Health with first choice Community Health and second choice Allied Health, those are pretty much full now? She should just move on to her second choice school, since Blinn Team really makes no sense for nursing.

1 Like

My daughter also applied in Nov and waiting. Where does it say it’s full?