Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Someone above listed PH all majors as ‘impacted’ which I guess means full or almost full. Not sure where the list came from?

Full by application dates, not admission as of now as they are still reviewing. This means one should not think of changing towards those majors.
Every year by mid January TAMU want applicants understand the Pathways especially Blinn Team and TEAB.
Those majors listed always have more applicants than admission numbers so it is kind of automated and scheduled information email. But TAMU do track applicants who click through the information.

5 Likes

My son applied to Mays in November. I am guessing since he hasn’t heard by now, chances are slim. We didn’t realize they filled up. Does anyone know if Mays is officially full? I think I read that Mays students were still being offered admission in Late January last year?

Mays is full and noone last year that I recall were accosted into mays after early December. In fact on the same day of releases jn dec, some got mays and some got 2nd choice so they were definitely full at that point.

Mays is competitive simply because it’s a small major and they only want 1000 to 1100 to be admitted per year. Change of major and transfer students only get 100 admitted each per year (so an additional 200).

What is your sons second choice major and what are his stats?

2 Likes

I knew plenty of people last year who heard up until the end of February so don’t lose hope! May be very slim chances now but i’m sure there is a chance.

1 Like

Economics is second choice. 4.1 W GPA, 3 yr varsity athlete. several APs, 5 Dual and 5 honors, test optional. He has been admitted directly to business at other schools and likely will take those options and get his housing deposit in as opposed to second choice at A&M . I don’t think he wants to continue to wait at this stage for Mays.

When does TAMU offers scholarships to Admits? Is it at a time for eligible/small set of admitted students or goes along with Admit letters?

2 Likes

Any time between now and April. Make sure you completed FAFSA. And check Financial Aid Portal regularly. AggieOneStop will also send email if they need more information.

@Aparna98 scholarships & awards (minus Presidential Endowed) could start showing up in FinAid/Howdy portal, spring into summer, some might even come after the school year has started. They will just randomly be there, must be ‘accepted’ by the student. Sometimes an email notification comes first, that student has been offered something, sometimes the email with details comes after it shows up FinAid.
A&M mostly gives scholarships to very high achievers-NM C/Sf/F- and low income/need based students (Century Scholar schools). Not much for students in between. It’s quite common for Valedictorian & Salutatorians to never receive any :heavy_dollar_sign:from TAMU. So don’t expect anything (unless student is NM SF/F) and be pleasantly surprised if they do get something.
Be sure student does fill out FAFSA and Returning Student Scholarship application every year (Oct 15-Feb 1), in order to keep any scholarships they might have, and to be eligible for future departmental scholarships.

2 Likes

Howdy! I already responded to this once but wanted to come back and officially introduce myself! My son was also accepted in oceanography and we are hoping he’d join the corps. My oldest was class of 21 in B-2 and commissioned army now stationed in Korea.y daughter is Sq 12 class of 24 and medically disqualified from contracting but still wants to go JAG in AF. My #3 is the oceanography guy not sure on the corps yet. I’m on the board of QuadMoms, a non-profit org of corps of cadets moms. We do most of our business on FB if your son’s mother is on FB (our insta account is open to anyone but the FB page is only for moms :sweat_smile:) we signed up for June 6-7 NSC. I hope your son decided to come to A&M.

2 Likes

Totally get that. My son got Econ as 2nd choice back in class of 2022 cycle. Changed to Econ after year one and graduated on time with mgmt degree and Econ minor. It’s doable but it’s not a guarantee. I personally wanted him to go do honors business at u of ark but it was a no go for him.

It will all work out!!!

Psychology was full by mid Dec. My daughter got accepted on Dec 22nd and got admitted to her 2nd major - psychology was her first choice. Called and was told that psychology was already full.

1 Like

Curious if anyone knows if Agbusiness is full already? I don’t see much chatter here about the Ag college.

1 Like

Our daughter applied rather late (November 22nd) as an Anthropology major. We’re out-of-state like many others here. She’s already been admitted to Texas Tech and Oklahoma so we’ll be out there next week in Lubbock and Norman to visit. She’s top 25% with strong EC’s and dual enrollment courses. Opted to not submit test scores and also received the alternative pathways email yesterday so she definitely is open Gateway or TEAM (although she didn’t select these options on her common application).

2 Likes

My son has applied to about a dozen schools and I was totally taken off guard by the TAMU “first come- first serve” admission process. Seems a bit awkward. Our fault I guess for not researching it thoroughly.

my son applied out of state on the last day to apply (back in 2017). he did’t even decide to apply to A&M until AFTER thanksgiving… ugh. test optional I believe delays acceptance, as my #3 child also applied this year without test scores and he didn’t get accepted till last week even though he applied first week of august. ugh ugh. having said that, my oldest didn’t get accepted till early February and he had 36 on ACT and a 4.0 unweighted GPA. So, if you haven’t heard back yet, don’t lose hope!!!

my son was only looking at Ivy League schools, so we were totally surprised by first come first serve as well. he didn’t even apply till the last day!! he heard back early February (this was back in 2017).

We are wondering the same thing, very little Agriculture and Life Science news

4 Likes

All AG majors are not full as of this morning. (Confirmed by AO)

3 Likes

Hello All! I have been reading through the past 2400 messages here over the past month or 2 and they have been SO helpful to me! There is so much I wish I would have known 6 months ago but I am thankful to know now. So first off, THANK YOU, especially to @FriscoDad who is very knowledgeable and responsive (fellow Frisco mom here!) And Congrats to all the new Aggies! I am Class of 97 and I have have a current Class of 25 Aggie and a HS senior still waiting to hear about admission. Being an Aggie has been one of the joys of my life!

My question has been asked in this thread previously but I haven’t seen a solid answer. My senior has since changed what he would like to major in if he attends TAMU. His first choice was English, second was Ag Business. He has just stated that he does not want to major in English at this point. My question: Is it better to address this now or if and when he is offered admission or alternate admission?

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes